Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2B Crx Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H2B Crx Questions

Right I live in england and have an ED9 CRX and what to put an H2B into it. I have contacted exospeed about there kit and they current do not do one for the crx. I have contacted QSD but they have not replied.
All I want to know is if I brought the exospeed basic kit what mounts do I need to allow the transmission and the motor line up?
I have searched but cant find the infomation I need

Thanks very much in advance

Nath
Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (Nath)

Nath, check out our site... you will want to use our custom H22A H2B alternator kit and ESP EF H22A traction bar system that is made for the swap... shoot us and email...

http://www.ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net
Old 02-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Right I live in england and have an ED9 CRX and what to put an H2B into it. I have contacted exospeed about there kit and they current do not do one for the crx. I have contacted QSD but they have not replied.
All I want to know is if I brought the exospeed basic kit what mounts do I need to allow the transmission and the motor line up?
I have searched but cant find the infomation I need

Thanks very much in advance

Nath</TD></TR></TABLE>

the Evolution kit does not have any mounts for the crx. you would have to fabricate mounts.....

your best bet is to go with the quartersports kit. it utilizes any B-series drop in mount kit. we have one in a crx.. runs great. i also recommend getting the alternator bracket from either ESP or from Innovative.

good luck.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22crxpwr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the Evolution kit does not have any mounts for the crx. you would have to fabricate mounts.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Correct...

HASport will soon have mounts to work with the Bisi plate kit, until that's released to the public QSD is the only kit that is crx friendly. beautiful fitment gangster ground clearance and work with the already available HASport Bseries/crx swap mounts or any other B series/crx swap mounts for that matter

check out my h2b build, link in sig
Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (88ED8)

I've contacted QSD plenty of times but never hear anything back so basically your saying buy the hasport mounts for the transmission and then get QSD to hook me up with the rest of the kit. How much is it going to cost? Exospeed have told me that they are going to have a kit in production for the crx in around 4-8 weeks.

I've read your build countless times 88ED8 im addicted to it lol. Keep up the good work, just want mine on the road now
Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">buy the hasport mounts for the transmission and then get QSD to hook me up with the rest of the kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you'll needs hasport or any other crx b-series swap mounts, not just the tranny mount but all three (I went with hasport as I like thier quality)

as far as QSD goes, call 'em, email 'em, or PM them if you can't get a hold of them then I don't know what to tell ya, maybe thier just busy, just keep buggin them till you get the kit in your hands

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exospeed have told me that they are going to have a kit in production for the crx in around 4-8 weeks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

or you could just wait...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can use any B series mounts.. there are a lot more affordable mounts out there. call Camp1320 and get the Innovative b series mounts i think that they are selling them for like 180 shipped!! thats dirt cheap! and they are great mounts.

our H2B all motor crx runs great. we are using the QSD kit too. keep calling them emailing. whatever you have to do. you'll definitely save a lot of money by going QSD.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (h22crxpwr)

Thanks alot for all the infomation you guys have given, answered alot of my questions that I had in my head.
Do Camp1320 have a website?
How much did you guys pay for your kits from QSD?
Am I correct in saying that I cannot use any of my d series drive shafts?
What hubs are you guys running?

Sorry for all the questions just want to know 100% what i've gotta get.

Nath
Old 02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a picture of the Evolution H2B installed in my CRX chassis. Evolution is still finalizing some stuff for the kit before its in full production.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (ExospeedAMcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's a picture of the Evolution H2B installed in my CRX chassis.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so just to clear things up, the "kit" consist of thus far HASport mounts and a Bisi plate and will be sold as a kit by Evolution???
Old 02-18-2008, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88ED8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so just to clear things up, the "kit" consist of thus far HASport mounts and a Bisi plate and will be sold as a kit by Evolution???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its not official and Im not from Evo, so I'm not 100% sure. But from what I know. Its an Evolution H2B kit and using HAsport made mounts. Everything will be sold through Evolution though.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im not from Evo</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know your not, this is just the first that I herd that it being sold by evo and wanted to make shure I got the info right
Old 02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont believe its going to be sold by Hasport. Evolution is working with Hasport to subcontract on making the mounts. It will only be sold with the Evolution made kits. Thats from what I hear. Again, that is not 100% sure.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We were under the impression that Innovative was making Evolution mounts? Will you know if this was ever true?
Old 02-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (Bserious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bserious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We were under the impression that Innovative was making Evolution mounts? Will you know if this was ever true?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats false. Evolution has their own machines. Evolution is a LARGE company with 25K square feet of warehouse. They have their own CNC machines(vertical, horiz, Lathes) etc. They manufacture for their Evolution brand(auto and Motorcyles), aerospace, automotive, military, medical, etc.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I always knew hasport was making the mounts spacificly for Bisi's plate so I just assumed he was gunna sell his own ish with with the hasport mounts, but I guess evo sells his plates right? so what differance does it make

man, I wonder when qsd or anyone will make a h2b oil pan/pick up tube
Old 02-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have no info regarding Bisi's deal and Hasport. he'll have to chime in on that.
All I know is that the prototype mount kit is in my CRX right now at Evolution and we'll see what they eventually come out with. There's some great things coming out of this R&D for the H22. Evolution will be ready soon. Just give them time to work out the details of it all.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds kool to me

maybe you can suggest for them to make a h2b oil pan/ pickup tube, something like a 5qt baffeled pan with a turbo oil drain option or something...
Old 02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ExospeedAMcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats false. Evolution has their own machines. Evolution is a LARGE company with 25K square feet of warehouse. They have their own CNC machines(vertical, horiz, Lathes) etc. They manufacture for their Evolution brand(auto and Motorcyles), aerospace, automotive, military, medical, etc.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just what I heard. You know, you 'hear' a lot.

As large as they are and the in house machining capabilities they have, why sub-contract their mounts?
Old 02-18-2008, 08:37 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bserious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As large as they are and the in house machining capabilities they have, why sub-contract their mounts? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not use the benefits of one of the best mount companies out there to make their products better?

Its like the Old JL subwoofers, they used pioneer to build their cones on the old w6 subs.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Somethings you just have to weigh the time, cost and labor to do. Theres already a company that has most of the parts needed to make it work.

If Company A will make it for you at $100 and its costs you $90 to make yourself(after materials and labor). that extra $10 margin isnt worth to put your own workforce on the job when they can be doing something else.
If you're facility is already close to 100% production capacity, there's no need to put them over the top just for that extra little margin.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats the hood clearence issue like with those mounts? Looks very nice by the way! Any idea on the price of the kit?

Thanks

Nath
Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whats the hood clearence issue like with those mounts? Looks very nice by the way! Any idea on the price of the kit?

Thanks

Nath</TD></TR></TABLE>

With QSD's kit? ummm.....it sits a little high

Old 02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bserious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As large as they are and the in house machining capabilities they have, why sub-contract their mounts? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Probably because the economics dictate that they can make more money if they do it this way. Remember that, in order to produce their own mounts, they need to retool for it. This costs money. Also, if they make their own mounts, it is possible that they will have to use machines that could otherwise be used to produce some product that is actually more profitable to produce. And finally, they just might not be able to produce mounts in the needed volume. In situations like this, contracting with someone else to produc the mouns makes economic sense.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H2B Crx Questions (gibsanez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gibsanez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

With QSD's kit? ummm.....it sits a little high

</TD></TR></TABLE>

you don't have to cut a hole in the hood though... we used some spacers and it still looks good. here's a pic.

Quick Reply: H2B Crx Questions