Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running?

I read the sticky and have spoken w/ alot of ppls about this. Everyone says to use 92-96 Rear prelude engine bracket because the 97+ are different.

The HASport instructions that come w/ the kit say that you can use a 92+ Rear engine bracket no problem. I also emailed HASport and brought up this question and they replied that " yes i can use a 97 prelude rear engine bracket ".

So. . Is anyone running a 97+ rear prelude engine bracket? Has anyone tried to use one? ..

I am sure this will/should clear up alot of speculation.

Btw, the 97+ AUTO and MANUAL rear engine brackets are the SAME They look the same.. excatly the same. And they have the same part number

Below is a picture of a 97+ auto/manual prelude rear engine bracket #7

Below is a picture of a 92-96 Manual prelude rear engine bracket #9
Old 03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (patastinky)

Anyone? I would havet thought that this thread would have gotten some replies by now
Old 03-11-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (patastinky)

I'm currently using the bracket from my wrecked 2000 prelude. it's been fine for the past 2 years or so.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (dreamer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dreamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm currently using the bracket from my wrecked 2000 prelude. it's been fine for the past 2 years or so.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You have an eg and are running either.. egh1 or egh2 correct?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 AM

i had the same problem, i found a 92 prelude bracket a a local yard though.
I dont know about 97+ bracket they look the samee in the picture, and these companies are cheap they use the same parts on as many cars as posible, they might be the same.

I know the rear bracket out of the 92 accord 5 speed is the same. i got one of those from my buddy.

bump
Old 03-20-2005, 11:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I read the sticky and have spoken w/ alot of ppls about this. Everyone says to use 92-96 Rear prelude engine bracket because the 97+ are different.

The HASport instructions that come w/ the kit say that you can use a 92+ Rear engine bracket no problem. I also emailed HASport and brought up this question and they replied that " yes i can use a 97 prelude rear engine bracket ".

So. . Is anyone running a 97+ rear prelude engine bracket? Has anyone tried to use one? ..

I am sure this will/should clear up alot of speculation.

Btw, the 97+ AUTO and MANUAL rear engine brackets are the SAME They look the same.. excatly the same. And they have the same part number

Below is a picture of a 97+ auto/manual prelude rear engine bracket #7

Below is a picture of a 92-96 Manual prelude rear engine bracket #9
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just went through this with another guy on here. You need the 92-96 mounting bracket. They are different.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:54 AM

Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (Sixgundone)

hmm. my setup works just fine with the 2000 rear bracket. am I missing something? is my car just special? Don't Brian and the guys at Hasport say its ok too?
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (dreamer)

Your the guy I just went through this with, right? I thought you siad I need a 92-96 rear bracket. And thats what I did. And now it works fine. Cause I couldnt get the 97+ bracket to line up. Is this a 97+ h22? If not. My bad. Didn't mean to cause confusion.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h22a eg's using HASport mounting kit. What rear engine bracket are you running? (Sixgundone)

I got him a 92-96 prelude bracket. I said **** it to all the b.S. .. hmmm i might be the guy. The swap is not for me, its for my friend in OHIO that is doing the swap. He asked me if i knew if there was differncnce so i thought i'd search and ask. Seems like there is alttle bit of a differnce..

So to end this all .. Just go get yourself a 92-96 rear prelude bracket and call it a day!!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:53 PM

I meant dreamer was the guy I went through this with. He explained to me no too long ago that I needed a 92-96 bracket. sry for the mix up.