Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 swap finished....few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 swap finished....few questions

i jsut helped a friend do an h22 swap and we ahve a few questions

h22a
P13
LSD trans

I do have a code not sure which one yet but

what is the solenoid for that goes to the fuel pressure regulator (vacuum)????? also how do you wire it up to the JDM ECU which pins???

i am running rich any thoughts???? would the size of the return hard line affect puel pressure......not sure what my fuel pressure is yet as i do not have a guage to fit this. Any and all help, comments and thoughts will be of help here so post up. Thank you all in advance i will try to screw with it some andi will post what i find

thanks yall

Old 04-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: h22 swap finished....few questions (egdriver)

ok what trim is the car?
it is a eg right?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the solenoid for that goes to the fuel pressure regulator (vacuum)????? </TD></TR></TABLE>

hook it up to straight vacuum

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also how do you wire it up to the JDM ECU which pins??</TD></TR></TABLE>

usdm and jdm have the same pinouts and wire colors (if same obd of course)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i am running rich any thoughts???? would the size of the return hard line affect puel pressure......not sure what my fuel pressure is yet as i do not have a guage to fit this. Any and all help, comments and thoughts will be of help here so post up. Thank you all in advance i will try to screw with it some andi will post what i find

thanks yall

</TD></TR></TABLE>

return line will not may it run very rich
you may have a oxygen code
put the codes and tell us what they are
Old 04-01-2004, 02:06 PM

Default Re: h22 swap finished....few questions (egdriver)

kay thing i would do is check the cel codes. To see what you got. Sometimes you might get plugs mixed up and maybe cause you to run rich. the solenoid you are talking about is the the evap purge control solenoid. Mine was setup like that too with my jdm h22a motor. All i did was take the solenoid out and bypass the vacuum hose straight to manifold from the fuel pressure regulator. And the solenoid i just hooked up the vacuum hose to one of the nipple on the manifold next to the throttle body. It should be 2 nipple next to each other. Just pick one. And as for the electrical connector there should be one already from your civic. it should be a 2 wire plug with the yel/blk and red. I hope that helps if not i'll go outside and take picture of my engine bay.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:58 AM

ok i got it set, i left an ECU plug off, it was late and i decided to play with it the next day.... now my wuestion was what is the solenoid for that is spliced inline with the fuel pressure regulator. it is definately not for the EVAP i have the installed corrcetly. this is what it would look like, vacuum line off the front of the manifold and into a solenid with its connector coming out of the fuel rail then another vac line to the regulator.

---- = vacline

------------------solenoid-----------------regulator

thanks guys im just curious what this is for and where the pins go into the ECU. The USDM schmatics show none of this
Old 04-04-2004, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (egdriver)

If you already have the EVAP hooked up then you don't need that solenoid that is inline with the fuel pressure regulator. Just toss it and hook up the FPR straight to the manifold.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Re: (SAVIOVEGA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SAVIOVEGA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you already have the EVAP hooked up then you don't need that solenoid that is inline with the fuel pressure regulator. Just toss it and hook up the FPR straight to the manifold. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yep
Old 04-05-2004, 11:26 PM

that is what i did but

what is that solenoid for???????

and where would i pin it if i had to does anyone know this solenoid has nothign to do with EVAP in any way shape or form EVER it is strictly a fuel control.......does anyone know?