Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork......

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Land of the free, whoever told you that is your enemy
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork......

I did this swap for a customer, and I have everything, in there, and put the driver's side axle in and the shaft hits theshock fork. It just barely clears when straight or turning left, but turning right it hits the front part of the fork. Has anyone else ran into this? I'm using the new Hasport mounts, and axles. Is it allright to clearence the fork with a die grinder. I kinda hate to, but I don't see any other options, I would think it would have been noted in their directions also. Urgent help needed I need this car out of my shop.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (CRXBart)

i dont have a problem turning my h22a 4 door eg, i have NAPA integra axles in there with kyb's and skunk 2 race springs and camber kit.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I did this swap for a customer, and I have everything, in there, and put the driver's side axle in and the shaft hits theshock fork. It just barely clears when straight or turning left, but turning right it hits the front part of the fork. Has anyone else ran into this? I'm using the new Hasport mounts, and axles. Is it allright to clearence the fork with a die grinder. I kinda hate to, but I don't see any other options, I would think it would have been noted in their directions also. Urgent help needed I need this car out of my shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

are you sure the fork installed on the right side of the car? I know they do that if you ahve the left and right mixed up
Old 05-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (skunked)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by skunked &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you sure the fork installed on the right side of the car? I know they do that if you ahve the left and right mixed up </TD></TR></TABLE> No everything is the way it came off. the pinch bolt is facing the inside of the car. I could put the other one in, and then it wouldn't hit but that is not correct.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:54 PM

maybe the car is too low? mines hit the fork and snaped the axles in half on the 1/4 mile....
Old 05-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (xv53)

The lower it gets the better the clearence is. H22 swaps are ghey. I'm gonna go burn my garage down.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The lower it gets the better the clearence is. H22 swaps are ghey. I'm gonna go burn my garage down. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not too sure whats going on then, I thought Hasport made them to have better axles angles.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (xv53)

that car has been hit sometime if it's rubbing the fork. You should be able to fit your finger inbetween the axle and fork no problem.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (skunked)

I just got off of the phone with Brian Gillespe of Hasport. With the new mounts and the H22 LSD tranny, this is a problem, that was not addressed in their directions, but futhermore, will be from this point on out. The solution is to flip the shock fork, from side to side. Then it will have ample clearence. I also had a frame clearence issure, that was LSD specific, and it had to be addressed by a large dent in the framerail, or my method which was notching the frame with a recipricating saw. Hopefully if anybody is running around with those old directions, they will see this post, and not tear up, an axle like I did.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRXBart &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just got off of the phone with Brian Gillespe of Hasport. With the new mounts and the H22 LSD tranny, this is a problem, that was not addressed in their directions, but futhermore, will be from this point on out. The solution is to flip the shock fork, from side to side. Then it will have ample clearence. I also had a frame clearence issure, that was LSD specific, and it had to be addressed by a large dent in the framerail, or my method which was notching the frame with a recipricating saw. Hopefully if anybody is running around with those old directions, they will see this post, and not tear up, an axle like I did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good to know, thanks for this post
Old 05-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 swap in EG 4 door, axle hitting shock fork...... (thahuhstunna)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thahuhstunna &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good to know, thanks for this post </TD></TR></TABLE>

I figured I'd help somebody out. Thats why I put it here.