Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 shifter box question here....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Icon2 h22 shifter box question here....

Last edited by Mfoehrkolb; 05-05-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: h22 shifter box question here....

You will probly need the cables for that specific box. I had an odd ball shifter box come with my swap, i ended up getting 92-96 prelude box amd cable setup. A late model plastic box could work to but i still think the cables will need to match the box.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MikeW
You will probly need the cables for that specific box. I had an odd ball shifter box come with my swap, i ended up getting 92-96 prelude box amd cable setup. A late model plastic box could work to but i still think the cables will need to match the box.
thats what i was thinking too... but it would be so nice if i could use it... it's at the junk yard so i dont want to buy it if it's not going to work.

what shifter box do i exactly have with the "reservoir" section that hangs down? i am assuming a gen4 prelude box.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb
what shifter box do i exactly have with the "reservoir" section that hangs down? i am assuming a gen4 prelude box.
I have a prelude shifter box but it doesn't look the same as yours. > Might get some pictures. (checks phone. > I have pics, uploading now)
I think your raised shift box might work ( obviously you are going to have an ugly interior ) You know, like some thick washers or something would work.

I dont have pictures of it assembled fully. Since then it has been painted flat black. sorry for un-quality like pictures.

Nice l00d shifterknob
Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

actually here is the shifter box i have... after doing some research... seems to be a accord shifter box... idk what year... but it has the sealed resevior for grease i am thinking, and instead of the cable attached in front of the shifter level, its like branched off and pushed to the right. and the other cable is in a different spot too...

EDIT: Another picture of my type of shifter...

Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mfoehrkolb
actually here is the shifter box i have... after doing some research... seems to be a accord shifter box... idk what year... but it has the sealed resevior for grease i am thinking, and instead of the cable attached in front of the shifter level, its like branched off and pushed to the right. and the other cable is in a different spot too...
Thats the shifter box i had with my swap. i tried both accord and prelude cables from the junkyard and neither fit. But the cables could have been labeled wrong also.

i think it would be a super nice setup if you could adapt the hyrbid racing shifter to some h cables. then no cutting of the floor.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/d...t-shifter.html
Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MikeW
Thats the shifter box i had with my swap. i tried both accord and prelude cables from the junkyard and neither fit. But the cables could have been labeled wrong also.

i think it would be a super nice setup if you could adapt the hyrbid racing shifter to some h cables. then no cutting of the floor.

http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/d...t-shifter.html
Yeah but you still need to get them in the bay on an EG i think. So you could have 1 rectangle for the shifter cables, then instead of cutting to make room for the bottom half of the shifter, just shim the shifter upward. I imagine it is a super awkward angle to be driving though. ( too high in the air ) but maybe you can get a short-shifter to combat the raise. And then the stock plastics wont fit either...