Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is h22 Ez 2 Be put in ek civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is h22 Ez 2 Be put in ek civic

Help I need some asnwer if i can do this on my own because always counting on someone too help If i can put an h22 in my ek by my self and what do i need too start?
Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year motor? OBD1 or OBD2?

If its OBD1 you'll need to either convert the harness yourself or send it to Rywire.

You need the wiring done, a mount kit (Hasport prefered), some axles (driveshaft shop prefered), the motor and transmission (of course), and a ECU to run it all (P13 if the motor is stock/close to it).

You won't be able to keep your a/c in your car unless you feel like cutting out some of the metal that goes to the right of the hood latch. If you want to have a/c you will also need the a/c compressor mount for the EK compressor to the H22.

Power steering isn't going to be able to be kept without a bit of modification.

I personally have a swapped EK, and, I would suggest going with a B-Series if you want a fully daily drivable car. I'm a big guy, and I can do without power steering. The a/c on another hand is something i'll worry about when the time comes.

The only reason I personally would suggest the swap is if you're wanting to go in a straight line down a track. If you can deal without the power steering/ac, then it would be a great swap to do.

You also may want to get some prelude springs for the front of the car. My struts bottomed out from having the extra 200 pounds in the engine bay until I replaced the springs.

Theres a whole 100+ page thread about this swap as well, at the top of this page.