Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h22 ek hatch vs gsr ek hatch???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Goldberg (Jason kiDD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jason kiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And you are correct TOM. The Euro R tranny is the best one with the sweetest gear ratio when compared to all stock H22 trannies.

There are aftermarket 4.7 final drives though, but they cost an arm and a leg...</TD></TR></TABLE>

See, some people think I'm just some B Series **** that doesn't know **** about H22A stuff and that I hate the H22A.

Not true.

I know enough (probably more than) info on the H22A stuff than a lot of would-be H22Aers or even some owners that simply hand over the keys and $5,000.00 to a shop to "handle" it all, you know?

I think the swap is great and when RUNNING UP TO PAR they can lay down some B Series killing numbers like my pal Jandro's 186whp 160 ft-lbs. torque monster bolt-ons H22A tuned with Hondata, but again the H22A swap is just too damn inconsistent overall.

It is easier to get a B series running right and putting down the numbers that one would expect from them. The same cannot be said for the H22A. That's even better for the determined guys, because it speaks volumes about someone if they take the "harder" route and really prove people wrong once their set-up runs killer times.

If someone really spent the necessary time and money into an H22A swap (even better if it's the S Spec with 220hp stock) to get it running optimally, then I'd have no doubt that I'd get my *** handed to me by one in a heartbeat. But realize that it could cost the same as a Type R swap or possibly more if you get the good axles and Hondata, but in the end I think it would be worth it.

I am realistic though, so I have to say with mucy confidence that I've not seen any H22A hatches yet that I'd think would run better than my B18C5 right now - not around here for sure.

Cocky? Hardly. But I'm sorry if it's all I know. Some of the very guys arguing against the B Series with their H22A swaps are making MY case stronger with worse-than-B Series 1/4 mile times in their signatures.

Lastly as I've stated before many times (though some of these newer guys would not have ever seen it) I wouldn't mind owning an H22A some day. I would get an S Spec swap with the 220hp and get a Euro R tranny (I would take my time and really search) and get Hondata and have it tuned correctly.

I would also go that extra step in trying get the car to handle as closely to mine as it does right now by using very agreesive spring rates up front and even stiffer ones in the rear with a nice big-*** rear swaybar.

I like having abalanced, well-rounded car.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:22 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Goldberg (B18C5-EH2)

A true H-T nut! lol......just j/k

Nice info Tom and I admire some one who, when flamed on, will state the obvious and prove points with backup, without stating opions for the most part! *I tend to follow your post from time to time because i end up learning alot of useful info.

-Dylan
Old 06-02-2003, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Goldberg (B18C5-EH2)

Thanks for the info, I didn't realize that honda compensated for it in 4th and 5th. Honestly I love the c5 and would think about it but I will probably end up with h23 for now due to the cost(i can get motor for about 400). All I can say for the finals is that the only car I've ridden in is an ITR with the 4.9 ATS final, and that was awesome. As for blownb18bhb good job on those deals(cheap is the way to go). As well, the hatch was with MT slicks, by no means small. Fiberglass front and lexan windows. Bone stock motor, don't think it was ever dynoed. Just used cutout for the intake off the light and a ghetto header. That and the driver probably has well over 1000 passes down the 1/4. ran mostly low 13's but belted out the two in the 12s then the 11.90 another night on the bottle.