Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 EG w/ AC? (Tried to search)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 EG w/ AC? (Tried to search)

I am looking into purchasing an EG hatch w/ a complete H22 swap. It has no AC or power steering, which from what I understand is typical. I'm not all that concerned with the power steering, but AC is pretty much essential in the area I live in. (It rains in the summer and gets nasty quickly.) So my question is, is it even possible to get the AC to work in an H22 EG? Or is it just wishfull thinking? Thanks.

Josh
Old 10-13-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: H22 EG w/ AC? (IronLung)

bump...no one have any input? Or is it just too obvious of a question? I guess ANYTHING is possible, I should have said what would it take to get working AC in this thing?

Josh
Old 10-13-2005, 06:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hcp makes a braket to hold the compressor. its a tight fit, but possible. do you know what motor mount kit was used?
Old 10-13-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: H22 EG w/ AC? (IHateJDM)

The newest version of the HCP mounts from what I've been told. So it sits back pretty far in the engine bay like preludes do...I havent even seen the thing in person yet. i should be going to look at it tomorrow.

Josh
Old 10-13-2005, 07:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IronLung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The newest version of the HCP mounts from what I've been told. So it sits back pretty far in the engine bay like preludes do...I havent even seen the thing in person yet. i should be going to look at it tomorrow.

Josh</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm running the same set. look here.

http://www.jdmshit.com/hcp/index.html

Old 10-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i am running the hcp kit with the jdmshit ac bracket in my 00 si.Its a pretty tight fit.I have seen eg's with ac but never worked on any.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Does it need a specific condensor or will the OEM honda one work w/ that mounting kit? Does anyone have any close up pictures of the AC mounted in this particular swap?

josh
Old 10-13-2005, 01:56 PM

i did alot of research on this.... couldnt find much.... anyway... im finishing my swap up in the next week..

just got the HCP bracket installed... works great... and JDMshit.com had them on sale in sept... $105.00 shipped.. got to me in 5 days from the west coast all the way to me in PA.

worked great, except the belt size they told me to use... it was wrong... anyway.. got a belt to work.. and all lines up 110%, although its tight.

i am using the newest version of HASPORT mounts and it all works fine.

the OEM civic condensor fits just fine and is not in the way at all. problem is the ac condensor fan is HUGE... there is NO way it will work with the huge motor in there.... thats an issue ill be working with over the weekend... ill be looking at the aftermarket slim fans... or comming up with something... but it shouldnt be a big issue.

if it concerns you, i have a 93 civic 2 door, with 95 H22A. using the civic compressor and ac system with HCP adapter plate.

i am also working on the P/S too as i want it in the car. foudn that a 97+ power steering pump and bracket must be used to clear the rad support without cutting.... just waiting to get one to see.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: H22 EG w/ AC? (Woodwardparts)

This is great info, the car I'm looking at doesnt have either AC or PS, I really dont care much for PS but AC would be great, if you work out a solution for the big fan let me know, I'd love to hear about your progress!

Josh
Old 10-13-2005, 08:41 PM

k... ill definatly figure it out.... it shouldnt be hard... just a matter of finding a small fan.... or real slim one... as i said.. ill be working on that this weekend or next week.

ill be sure to keep you updated.
ill trey to get some pics too if i get things together.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Re: H22 EG w/ AC? (Woodwardparts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Woodwardparts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">k... ill definatly figure it out.... it shouldnt be hard... just a matter of finding a small fan.... or real slim one... as i said.. ill be working on that this weekend or next week.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

is there room in the front for a push fan, instead of putting a pull fan on the back? I think FAL makes a slim line that'll fit.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IHateJDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

is there room in the front for a push fan, instead of putting a pull fan on the back? I think FAL makes a slim line that'll fit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

pusher fans own. $50 at Kragens
Old 10-14-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: H22 EG w/ AC? (skunked)

Awesome, thanks for the pics, their great examples. I am hopefully going to see the car sometime this weekend, if its solid and I can actually drive it w/ no PS I will probably pick it up. Thanks again.

Josh