Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H22 bog at WOT. Most likely a fuel issue.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22 bog at WOT. Most likely a fuel issue.

Here goes, I have an EH2 swapped with an H22a. The car was completely stock with a stock CX fuel pump in the thank and an in-line fuel pump controlled by a switch on the car. It also has a stock fpr with no gauge. If the switch was turned off the car would stall for a few seconds like it needed priming then start again.

The car drove fine for years then started to Bog at Wide Open Throttle intermittently. I then noticed that the second fuel pump switch was off. I decided to test if that was the cause by accelerating at WOT while bogging then turned on the switch which stopped the bog.

After time, the in-line fuel pump got very loud and the bogging returned. Turning the switch on and off had no effect on how the car ran at all so I assumed that it was the in-line fuel pump failure.

I later installed a walboro 255lph fuel pump which got rid of the problem for only a little while then the bogging returned. I got desperate and applied a strong vacuum to the fpr's hose by mouth and it seems to cure the problem temporary.

What do you guys think that my next step should be.

I do have a very small coolant leak from the drain of the radiator but I don't think that should have anything to do with it.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: H22 bog at WOT. Most likely a fuel issue. (EsQueue)

maybe the fuel pressure is too high? thats what was wrong with my car when i bogged at WOT.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 bog at WOT. Most likely a fuel issue. (xv53)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xv53 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe the fuel pressure is too high? thats what was wrong with my car when i bogged at WOT.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm, riching out the mixture at WOT seems so be a highly probable cause. I guess that my next step would be to get a fuel pressure gauge or a complete adjustable regulator.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: H22 bog at WOT. Most likely a fuel issue. (EsQueue)

Ebay fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge

Would something like this even be worth the price? I just want to know if anyone used and if it works. I am against paying way too much for products just for a name tag. (AEM anyone)