Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h series -->sol (idle spiratic (sp?))

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h series -->sol (idle spiratic (sp?))

ive been working on getting the damn engine to work. but i just cant. i just got a new IAC put that in. and now itll idle for about 2 seconds. then jump up, then drop back down and repeat the process. any ideas? i still need my egr stuff but i dont think that would effect it....
Old 07-22-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: h series -->sol (rtpassini)

why are you posting this soo many times?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:55 PM

BAN
Old 07-22-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: h series -->sol (uncle)

PLEASE somebody ban this asshat!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: h series -->sol (H23AHybridEG)

you guys. i dont know what happened....i seriously only clicked it once. something has to be messed up. because people keep sending me like triple pm's and stuff. also. on my title, its all messed up. i dont know what happened.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rtpassini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys. i dont know what happened....i seriously only clicked it once. something has to be messed up. because people keep sending me like triple pm's and stuff. also. on my title, its all messed up. i dont know what happened.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will not post multiple times unless you click it multiple times. My guess is your computer was running slow and you clicked it five or six times not realizing that it was posting each and every time.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:31 PM

no for real. im on cable. i remember making this post. it went up right away....

look at my other posts. im not a ***** or anything like that. turbogixxer can back me up.

like i said. something is goign on. when i tried to edit one of my posts. the title was in all fucked up lettering. but if you dont believe thats fine. im not on here to make an *** of myself. im here to learn and help others.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heheheh.. u guys... lol...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rtpassini &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive been working on getting the damn engine to work. but i just cant. i just got a new IAC put that in. and now itll idle for about 2 seconds. then jump up, then drop back down and repeat the process. any ideas? i still need my egr stuff but i dont think that would effect it....</TD></TR></TABLE>ok man...
try this..
there is a fast idle valve on the bottom of ur throttle body.
take the "tb"(throttlebody) off.
turn it on its side with the rotor facing down. then u will see 2 8mm screws or bolts..
take them out,
remove the plate, and then u will see a white thing.
that is ur fast idle valve.
u need to turn it all the way clockwise. (u want to tighten it up, they are known to come loose) but yeah, tighten it up all the way, i had to use 2 small flatheads to turn it. look at it and u will understand. do this. and make sure ur fast idle screw is set correctly if it has been tampered with (the best way to do this is to tighten it up all the way, and then adjust it accordingly to the way ur car idles WHEN UR CAR COMES TO A STOP, if ur car dies, u need to open it somemore. /repeat this process till its all good).
try all of this. and then let me know what happens. i had the same problem u did, mine is perfect now.

any more questions just pm me. or hit me up on aim sometime. "<U>xhondazvicx</U>"
Old 07-23-2004, 08:35 AM

Default Re: h series -->sol (hondaZvic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uncle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It will not post multiple times unless you click it multiple times. My guess is your computer was running slow and you clicked it five or six times not realizing that it was posting each and every time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually if you try to post more than once you will receive an error that says something along the line of..."Error blah blah blah FLOOD PROTECTION blah blah blah WAIT FOR 30 SECONDS"

what you need to do is check your ECU (either bad ecu or a automatic ecu) and vaccum.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:25 PM

see guys. i wasnt lieing. now say sorry. lol. and thanks for helping me out for the ones that tried i got it running. next week it goes to get the exhaust redone.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rtpassini)

what was the problem?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:19 AM

i had to go to work so my friend was looking at stuff. there was something with the IAC and a wire loose. also a vacuum line.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rtpassini)

lol.. the one time i didnt say bad wire..

cool. good job on fixin it
Old 07-24-2004, 09:36 AM

thanks. and hopefully if all goes smoothly. itll be going in on thursday to get the exhaust redone and ill be back on the road...