Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h.motorsonline problems about steve (Warning)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h.motorsonline problems about steve (Warning)

Yo everyone listen up everyone steve is acting like a true jerk. Reason being he has it posted up all sensors are not broken and working in order. So i let him know about my tps sensor and my idle air control valve. And he was like okay give him a week so he can find it so im like okay Fine. As far as the iacv and the tps hes talked to some other guy about takin it off his car at another shop. And im like dont you have one there off another engine if you have engines on premesis and he was like well you dont need to know how many engines i have . I was like hmm? okay

And I also reminded him about the distributor for my car and how theres a ground ring loose in there and its scrapin up the walls on the inside of the cap very badly. And he was like im not responsible about the distributor and im like well thats how it came to me and he was like send it back to me and ill have my mechanic fix it . I told him i have to be to work the next day with it and he was a real idiot about it., HE should be at least a man of his word i am on mine i told him when i recieve the stuiff then ill give you back all the stuff that was broken on my car.

But now hes talkin about giving me stuff off another guys car from a shop comon what the hell is that?im very pissed off now everyone beware.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

doesn't sound unreasonable to me (on his part)

Why would he take parts off a complete motor he's got? then he's just got the same problem with his next customer. Do you see?

If he gets you the parts, why does it matter where he got them from? it's not like he's stealing them. I'm sure he's friends with the other shop.

My engine came perfect...nothing broken, or even close to it.

Things happen...let him work it out before bashing him.

BTW, I think he says in his disclaimer on his page that the distributor is one of the items that you have to replace to get his full warranty.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:18 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: h.motorsonline problems about steve (preluder)

You bought a used f**king motor bro. It appears that he will replace the parts, but it might take time...

I almost died in a firey mess the other day because I bought a STR fuel rail that was broken and more than 4 years old. A local store sold it to me as new, so don't let me start...
Old 06-12-2003, 12:54 PM

you're fine dude.

just talk to steve in a professional manner and keep it cool. he'll take care of you.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:34 PM

Default Re: h.motorsonline problems about steve (poison)

thanks guys i appreciate the advice guys but i cant believe this man this shouldnt happen to knowone. Its just not fair this is bullcrap i mean i payed money this should happen to nobody.but ill do it i always keep a cool head about things im not the type to argue . but yeah another mess up from hmotorsonline.com
Old 06-12-2003, 01:38 PM

Default Re: h.motorsonline problems about steve (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're fine dude.

just talk to steve in a professional manner and keep it cool. he'll take care of you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

no doubt. steve is the man. you just have to understand how hard it is to please eveyone ALL the time. any problem i ever had with him he has fixed it and he is very good about it.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:39 PM

Yeah just relax about the situation. Steve will come through for you just stay on top of what is going on. He always seems very busy, thats why you should call him and remind him to take car of you as he has all of us. Steves a good guy. No worries man.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:15 PM

yeahmy motor was good, but i also had spare intake man around,i used some of my own sensors, but the motor started and ran the way it was shipped to me.other than plugs and ****.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:07 PM

Default Re: (civilude92)

yeah i got 2 motors from steve..1st one was fine 2nd one was kinda beat up..my wires and dizzy was all fucked up..i called him bout 3 times...and he finally return my call..took like 4 days..but he must ne really busy..i understand that..so i told him the probs..and he said he'll send me the new ones..in the mean time i already fix all the probs..so i said dont worry about it..so hes nice...just give him some time..he needs to hire more help...?
Old 06-12-2003, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (eg6h8k)

bump for steve being a good guy.

i got a 2nd gen b16 swap from hmotors in october, real clean, only took 4 weeks to get delivered from cali to maine, which wasnt too bad. they didnt send the right axles, but i called steve up he said go to local parts store, pick up the axles, and send them the receipt, they took care of it. Everything else had no problems whatsoever.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hot_EH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hot_EH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My engine came perfect...nothing broken, or even close to it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here. Ran like a top..
Old 06-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (EK22Tim)

Steve sent me the wrong compression motor, he charged me for a higher comp motor. But he credited the difference when he found out. Just keep buggin him about the parts that are covered under his warrenty, as for the others... well looks like thats going to be coming out of your pocket...

hope you get your stuff
Blaze
Old 06-13-2003, 07:27 PM

I bought my engine from a local shop. I had to replace a lot of things...

Distributor
Spark Plugs/Wires
TPS sensor
Throttle Body
Header/Exhaust manifold
MAP sensor
etc, etc

These motors come from junkyards.. so.. I wasn't surprised. As long as the internals are all in good condition i'm just fine.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: h.motorsonline problems about steve (civicscantdrift)

these engines come shipped from japan or some other country on a bin when they put them in for shipping they are not going to stop and say (let's be careful not brake anything on the engines) these engines are stacked on top of each other and people expect these engines to be free of broken sensors come on guys use your sensors from your old engine(s). unless they come off a front clip even if they do when they shipped to you via ground there's also that risk of breakage.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:31 AM

Default Re: h.motorsonline problems about steve (Qfactor)

yeah but guys as for the h22 i have a problem theres a ground ring loose in the distributor its just hangind in there being scrapped up inside the ignition coil.

Ireally dont wanna break out m0ore money out of my pockets so if its not too much to ask can someone open up the distributor and take pictures of it close up so i can see where my grounding wire belongs so I can ifx it myself or would you prefer for me to take a picture of mine?

I also have bolts that go down into the tranny but they are stripped so how do i get them back down there do i try kingserts? where can i find them at?