Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H and C transmissions, and AT Engine to MT transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H and C transmissions, and AT Engine to MT transmission

Rough description, right?

Two questions...

I've been hunting an engine and speaking with salvage yards and such. A few of the yards I talk to say over and over again that the 94+ LS and GSR engine is Hydraulic tranmission engines. I'm looking to purchase JUST the engine from these people, but they keep saying over and over that it's Hydraulic tranny. So my first question would be is there an issue with hooking an engine that HAD a hydraulic transmission up to a cable transmission? To the best of my knowledge nothing would have to be changed to do this, but it makes me question myself when they say over and over that it's a hydraulic tranmission. BTW, I'm wanting to keep my EF a cable-car.

Second question...they keep doing the same thing when I mention I want to hook it up to a manual transmission. (Formerly an A/T engine) Again, ot the best of my knowledge the only thing I have to change would be the ECU. Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance.
BTW-I know that it will bolt up so long as the engine and tranny are both B-series.

Thanks agian.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Re: H and C transmissions, and AT Engine to MT transmission (JokerTypeR)

Im not to clear on your 2nd statement.

However, a B Series Engine that was orginally hooked up to a hydro trans can be bolted right up to a cable B series transmission-however unless it is a cable YS1 tranny, the clutch will need to be changed.
The engine on the other hand will be an OBD1 or OBD2 engine, your car is an OBD0 so there will be some conversionions, etc to do.

I'll send a PM also as well.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: H and C transmissions, and AT Engine to MT transmission (jdmcars.com)

PMing back.

I expected a wire conversion.