Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help

hi all..my first time posting in hybrid...i got gsr 97 swapped into civic95ex coupe and have some hard time deciding which tb's cable would be appropreate for my swap
Im looking for these two options:

1. i want to re-route my TB's cable to across my BLOX IM (similiar to Skunk2 IM) to the gas pedal then which throttle cable should i buy to get it fix nicely ( i have non-gsr tb's pulley already) in picture below, i heard type r cable for this case...but i will trust hybrid forum more than any other cuz you guys know da *****

2. i want to use original route that makes a U to gas pedal, then what tb's cable should i buy (i do not have the original cable anymore to bring it to the dealer and ask for help so )

this is my old picture of my engine bay...it no longer has stock gsr-im anymore and i dont have the original tb's cable so please throw out some advices for me...thankx thousand times
Old 11-14-2004, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help (yeegsr)

If you want to go option 1, buy the Integra Type R throttle cable. I did this for my GS-R with Skunk2 manifold and it fits/works perfectly.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help (DaiJekBok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaiJekBok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to go option 1, buy the Integra Type R throttle cable. I did this for my GS-R with Skunk2 manifold and it fits/works perfectly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and just to add (for option 1)...
get the OEM ITR throttle cable BRACKET as well as the cable
Old 11-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help (K@man)

Ahh yes. Forgot to mention the cable bracket too...

Old 11-14-2004, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Gsr into Civic95 coupe...TB's cable help (DaiJekBok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DaiJekBok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want to go option 1, buy the Integra Type R throttle cable. I did this for my GS-R with Skunk2 manifold and it fits/works perfectly.</TD></TR></TABLE>
wow..tights tights...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K@man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and just to add (for option 1)...
get the OEM ITR throttle cable BRACKET as well as the cable </TD></TR></TABLE>

oh yeah i left out the bracket, thousand thanks to yuou

[QUOTE=DaiJekBok] nice pictues are godly
Old 11-14-2004, 08:41 PM

how hard is it to install ITR tb's cable in hybrid....what about cable's tension...blah blah blah
Old 11-15-2004, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yeegsr)

It pops in just like the factory Civic one and takes the same route under the hood:

As for the tension, I connected the throttle body pulley end and pulled it tight enough to that it had just a bit of deflection in the cable then tightened the jamnuts against the cable bracket.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:32 PM

Default Re: (DaiJekBok)

oh haha...so freaking easy...i took off my driver seat (just for easier excess)....hook up the gas pedal of the cable to gaspedal.....loop the cable behind brake reservior...hook the other end to Tb's pulley and put two fingers in the throttle body and force the blade to wide open....and hook up the cable housing to bracket...

then adjust the throttle...awsome...

thanx guys....