Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got the b20 dialed in

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the b20 dialed in

Well, after a week of wrenching, cleaning, chasing down parts, and fighting engine bay fires, i finally got my '96 jdm b20 fired up in my '90 teg. It definately pulls better in the low/mid end and in the top end i don't know yet, 'cause i don't have the fuel reg installed yet and i dont wanna lean it out. It really feels like it wants to take off now from the roll.

I even waited at the gas station at the edge of town for some unsuspecting motorist so i could see how well it pulls on the highway. It was a ricer Volvo with no interest in my aggressive driving (good); it pulled by much nicer with the 2.0L. I know that using my choker '90 IM and full stock exhaust is hurting the performance, but one thing at a time.

d
Old 08-07-2002, 09:37 PM
can I haz?

Default Re: got the b20 dialed in (daver)

can I use the gsr axles, and can I run the stock pistons with a gsr head?
Old 08-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got the b20 dialed in (thid92)

can I use the gsr axles, and can I run the stock pistons with a gsr head?
sorry, wrong thread dude
---------
daver!!!

nice work man! a week is nothing considering the fire/LCA etc!!!

good work man!!!

now for a porting job on your IM or a new one, adj FPR, then a 2.25 exhaust, and well, the fun has only just begun!

im still waiting on my head studs to arrive...

any idleing issues or computer related hicups to note?

or was it smooth sailing...

t..
Old 08-07-2002, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: got the b20 dialed in (tinkerbell)

oh ya, i had forgotten about the LCA grief since the fire haha.

the thing works perfect. The engine light did come on once but dissapeared after i restarted and i'm sure it was that o2 sensor again. Only quirk was the idle not falling back to normal after revving it "in gear." It would hover at 2000 or slowly drop back after the first coulple time i went to roll out wit it. It seemed to be some plunger needle thing that is attached to my "old style" throttle body that connects teh plunger to the throttle spring loop getup and it has a vacuum tube going to the intake tube.

I'm not sure what it does exactly, but it was holding my throttle open , so ik greased it up and worked it in (maybe fire heat damage?) and it didn't act up at all during my drive .

Is it tomorrow morning yet? I want to take my car out for a rip. It amazing how peoples' jaw drops when you tell them you're putting a crv motor in your car. They think your crazy - well i've got somthing to show them...hehe

d

ps i've got the whole swap on film (minus the fire), so i'm gonna make a nifty website for it.