Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frankenstein Engine :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frankenstein Engine :(

Kinda need bit of advice on what i should do here, While back i bought or thought i was buying a b18c jap spec, but after taking it to bits and checking up on some part numbers n ****, found out i have a b16 block with pr3 pistons, b18c4 head i think got a stamp on it saying p72?? i'm sure this is a ukdm spec head? and a pk9 ecu, yet again i'm sure this is a ukdm ecu, Im not even sure what axels, gear linkage, loom and gear box i have :S could be out of anything for all in know. So basically i have been stiffed . Question is wtf do i do with it now? use some of it and sell bits seperatley??? Cheers guys.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Frankenstein Engine :( (Chris_uk_ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris_uk_ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Kinda need bit of advice on what i should do here, While back i bought or thought i was buying a b18c jap spec, but after taking it to bits and checking up on some part numbers n ****, found out i have a b16 block with pr3 pistons, b18c4 head i think got a stamp on it saying p72?? i'm sure this is a ukdm spec head? and a pk9 ecu, yet again i'm sure this is a ukdm ecu, Im not even sure what axels, gear linkage, loom and gear box i have :S could be out of anything for all in know. So basically i have been stiffed . Question is wtf do i do with it now? use some of it and sell bits seperatley??? Cheers guys.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Use it, if it works.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Frankenstein Engine :( (JasonST)

thats the thing not sure if it will, b16 botton end with a b18c head , imo is that a bad combo? I would have used it if it was the other way around :D. Not sure what sort of power this would give out ,any one wanna take a guess? :S. I'm guessin i would be better off jst sellin it bit by bit but would like to think what some one else would do, Cheers again.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:36 AM

A b16 bottom end wth a GSR head is not really a bad combo, think of it as a small GSR motor. Using a GSR head instead of a B16 head will actually raise the compresison on the motor, should be around 10.5/ 6 to 1 !! I would think that you would make more midrange power also, that is due to the intake manifold design on the gsr head. Depending on what you paid for that set up you may be able to get most of the moeny back, but if you paid for a B18C and got a b16 you will have a hard time gettting your money back if you part it out. If its all together i'd say run it and see what it does, if you dont like it you can always sell it after.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Frankenstein Engine :( (TwoRedEGgs)

Yea kool, cheers man , think i might do that, need to buy a main bearing shell, kinda got stood on during the disasembly , ooops lol, i'm not to familiar about ordering shells up but i know that it was a green one, Do you just go into a dealer n ask to order up a green main for a b16? or is it not that straightforward lol? , cheers
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 AM

What are the number that are stamped on the block, it should say like b18b b18c b18c1 b18c4 b16a b16b and what year is the head. There will be 3 circles on the exhaust side right about where the exhaust manifold would sit, read the 2 numbers in the far left circle and that will tell you the year. You can use b16 pistons in a b18 block so double check to make sure that you have. As far as the bearing is it a rod bearing or a main bearing ?? To get the rod bearing numbers you can check the stamping on the crank and rod and match them up or if the bottom end was fine you could get the same color. Since you have the whole thing apart now you may as well spec them all out and redo them that way it all new.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Frankenstein Engine :( (TwoRedEGgs)

The block numbers have been grinided off , all that is on it is the actuall engine number no the engine model ie b16,b18c wht not, , What i have been told by other people is that the water pump housing on the b16 sits pretty much flush with the block surface which in my case it does, so im certain have a b16 block, as for the numbers on the head by the looks of it i have a 93 year head, is that obd1? block is obd2 as it has a knock sensor, correct me if wrong tho ???. its the crankshaft bearing that i need, all the other crankshaft bearings look fine no scoring/damge so guess i should just stick another green in? How do you go about ordering a bearing btw :S (need to specify thickness? or jst tell them i want a green crankshaft bearing for a b-series ?) Thanks dude
Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 AM

Bump anyone