Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

finally finished the h22

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally finished the h22

well finally got tags for the civic and test drove it good today, car ran good with some minor noises... at neutral it sounds as the clutch is engaged slightly i can hear it rubbing with the fly but it doesnt move anywhere. after just taping on the clutch pedal its gone but comes back if i release the clutch, normal? another problem drove the car for 5mins seemed fine but after 10mins and pushed it alittle i get a CEL... jumped the wired and it says 12 and 23 , egr and KS ... my brothers 98 civic has this aswell for allmost 2yrs he never solved the cel but i noticed some HT members dont have these CELS with there h22 swaps...Some say it goes into limp mode with this CEL and some says not so which is it? my wiring was done by Hasport and the KS is brand new from honda, whats the best approach to remedy this. should i be concerned about CEL 12 at all?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: finally finished the h22 (spooned out)

iono about the CEL's but my clutch does the same thing w/ my h22a.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Re: finally finished the h22 (Cyberdx16)

okay i solved my cel 23 KS problem, it ended up being that my wire to the ecu was not pushed in all the way... the car pulls good now that the KS cel is gone still Vtec engaging is still in question, i feel the torque around 5000 rpm vtec? i can hear the vtec kick in in my brothers civics b16a and h22a but not mine maybe its because i have stock header?

1.Heres my first problem im still trying to figure out, does your clutch seem like its engaged at neutral? i can hear what seemed like the throwout bearing rubbing against the clutch but if i gently step on the clutch pedal its gone then comes back upon release.. anyone?

2. I can hear my gears working in 1st-5th and reverse is really loud!! i checked the tranny fluid and its full to the bolt hole.. My main thing is when on the road, i can hear knocks. i dont think its from the engine it sorta sounds like my axles are not balanced but when i take my foot of the gas the sound is gone only when i give it gas i can hear knocking theres no vibration at all, maybe my shocks are bad?

Does anyone have similar problems? other then that the swap went really well. the car pulls at 5000ish but can't hear vtec
Old 06-10-2004, 04:25 AM

What clutch, stock?

I had problems with the axles in my H22 swapped car as well. Used the wrong axles and they were binding, causing a knocking sound, like the axle was going to fall out.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: finally finished the h22 (Boosthead)

my clutch is new, Exedy, we have that in both civics with swap works great, sounds to me like its my throwout bearing but its installed correctly is there a way to adjust the clutch arm so it wont rub on neutral?

well i just check out my axles there not out or anything the axles don't bind at turns, just that the tranny i can hear the gears turning at high speeds and knocking sounds like the axles but not sure, all i knoe is that its not binding and not comming out.... i'm using 90 accord shaft with 93 integ axles.... if it was my axles how come the knocking only comes when i give it gas? and if i let it coast, the only noise is the clutch sounds like its rubbing.... i would hate to have to take that tranny out its a B!TCH to put it back in.

whats bad shocks sound like? maybe i have bad rotors?... if all esle fails ima stick the lude shaft in and get dss axles... but wanna see if i can remedy this first....

Modified by spooned out at 11:03 PM 6/10/2004
Old 06-10-2004, 04:37 PM

okay jacked the car up off the wheels, shift thru gears noise is comming from behind the tranny area, maybe my passenger side axles is too long the noise is more noticeable from 60mph+ gets louder as speed climb...