Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP!

just got done with the f20b swap, wiring the dizzy correctly with tach working. car is a 97 civic ex.

From a 1st gear roll vtec works perfect, then when shifting into 2nd the car bogs really bad to 5000 then vtec wont enguage until i shift into 3rd. its the same situation when going from a dig but even worse of a bog when going into 2nd

oil pressure is good via mechanical oil pressure guage
running a chipped p28 with iacv and everything disabled
it is not throwing any codes.

my TPS is set at .88 when closed and 4.5 wot. the tps has to be set like that otherwise the car idles 1500 and just bounced between 1500-1700 erratically.

ive read that people dont get vtec in 2nd or 3rd at all, but mine works all the time unless i go from a dig from 1-2 gear. once i shift into 2nd it falls on its face and wont engage vtec, but from a roll tec works in 2nd all the time...

could my tps being set at .88 cause this?

oh and on the f20b intake manifold i took off the iacv completly because it was causing idle problems and now its just blocked off...

thanks,
Mike

Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (jdm.ejone)

vtec on the f20b only has a solenoid it doesnt use a oil pressure switch. Did you wire the harness side of the oil pressure switch into the solenoid so when it activates the ecu also thinks that its getting oil pressure too? Any CEL's?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (HeikDiesel)

yes i wired up the oil pressure thing on the ecu and no there anrt any codes... its weird it bogs really bad when shifting into 2nd like drops me out of vtec down to 5 then will never enguage again..
Old 09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (jdm.ejone)

thats really wierd
Old 09-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (HeikDiesel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm.ejone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive read that people dont get vtec in 2nd or 3rd at all, but mine works all the time unless i go from a dig from 1-2 gear. once i shift into 2nd it falls on its face and wont engage vtec, but from a roll tec works in 2nd all the time...

could my tps being set at .88 cause this?

oh and on the f20b intake manifold i took off the iacv completly because it was causing idle problems and now its just blocked off...

thanks,
Mike

</TD></TR></TABLE>

first of all, if ur tps voltage is set that high, it Should be throwing a tps code, it should throw it if it's around .2 volts out of spec. Second, why did u take off ur IACV cause u were having idle problems? That's like saying, yeah I took of my steering wheel cause it wouldn't steer straight........ 3rdly, what do u mean that ppl don't have Vtec in 2nd or 3rd gear? That's hilariously wrong... gears have nothing to do with Vtec engaging... I had something similar to this once, not saying this is ur problem but something to check out, check ALL ur grounds, especially ur ecu grounds. It caused Vtec to engage in 1 gear then not the next and have bogging problems.... Also, what year/obd is ur engine?
Old 09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (JasonST)

yeah in crome i disabled the iavc, but at idle is wants working right so we took it off completely and made a block off plate for it and it fixed the problem.

i have no codes, its an obd2 motor came out of a 1997
Old 09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it's because you are polish.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (PnkRokCountryboy)

dont be hating
Old 09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

help him outt
Old 09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt help him out
Old 09-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (PnkRokCountryboy)

The bog you speak of, does it bog when vtec <U>should</U> be firing? If that is the case that is a Sign that vtec engagment is set to low?

Also. Is your ecu stock? Some chip programs have a % of tps before vtec will engage. If you tps is set incorrect.. Its might not be meeting the standards to engage vtec.

Sync your tps. Make sure it also open 100%

check power wires that could be ground out on the block. For vtec.. the block is the ground .. It could be getting grounded out.?

Just trying to shine some light !

give up an update.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (havok hybrid)

no vtec works and pulls good from a roll anytime with no bog. it only happens when shifting hard into 2nd. shifting hard into 3rd works perfect tho.

it kinda feels like fuel cut now that i think about it. but it dosent make sense.. wideband reads roughly 12.8 wot up to redline. im running a stock fuel rail, fpr, and fuel pump also.

as i stated before with no iacv at all i had to open up the tb via the screw under the pulley where the cable is and is calibrated at .88 closed and 4.5 wot.

im in the process of trying to find a usdm manifold so i can run an iacv and i have a b series tb that i will put on at the same time so im hoping this fixes the problem if not it must be a fuel problem

let me know what you think,

thanks everybody
-jdm.ejone on pnkrokcountryboy's sn oops
Old 09-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dont use my s.n! haha bump
Old 09-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is the Ecu chipped? If so .... try a stock one.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F2B Swap no vtec. works from a roll but not from a dig? HELP! (havok hybrid)

yeah it is a chipped p28. i dont really like the idea of unjumping j1 and tring the stock z6 map tho.

what would resolve do you think? ill see if i can talk my friend into letting me use his h22 ecu. and if this does solve the problem do you think its a faulty ecu? or just the map i am running?
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for any more advice!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bring any other ecu to see if it works any better . .. unjumping J1 will clear up some guess work.. just rejump it

I would say its the tune on the ecu.. AKA the map. Fuel or timing issue when you grab second gear.??

just trying to help.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah that is what i have thought also man! im honestly think that is what it is tho.

ive been wanting to get it dyno tuned but no cash for it yet. anyone out there with a nice h22 or f20b map?