Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F20b integra help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F20b integra help!!

ok people i swaped a f20b on my integra everything sound fine when idleling but when rev wile on neutral their is this bibration noise coming from around the trans area or under tha dizzy it also does it when driving i only hear it on the right side though first i thought it was the bushings on my sway bars replaced those and nothing it still does it can some 1 help it almost sounds like a sti lol can some 1 help please
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: F20b integra help!!

Originally Posted by Rheg6
i got a staight h22 swap in my delsol non h2b and decided to get new axles so i ordered ebay ones because the boot was ripped and clicking. well the car came with the accord half shaft which didnt work with the new axles so i threw in the prelude ones and it fit in nice. now the problem im having is it feels as if the axles are binding or something because it vibrates HARDD on acceleration over 10mph and on left turns. when i turn right everything is great. please help me out anyone ever experience it before ?
mine does the same thing when driving i cant even see from my mirrors they shake so much when accelerating now i got gator axles with the h23 intermidiet shaft could that be making the bibrating sound???
Old 06-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you sure it's not the gator axles or you're cars height? i remember that when you put in a 2.0+ motor into a dc chassis that the suspension needs to be accounted for the extra weight of the motor. I have f20b with h23 intermediate shaft and do not encounter that problem, but i also have stock prelude axles.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The only time the axles cause vibration is when they bottom out. If your car is slammed and yu go over a bridge it will vibrate when it goes down and bottoms out the axles just raise it some to fix this . The accord jack shaft and da axle is a little shorter which helps but i dont think this is your problem.

Did you take the balance shaft belt off and put it back on if so sounds like its out of time . Could be the pilot bushing 9 or bearing if its h2b) has been pushed out or is in a bind . never pull your tranny up to the block by bolts . Always slide it up smooth then tighten the bolts down.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx guys but that the funny thing my car is not lowerd its at stock hight. and when i put the car on the lift the driver axle riped a boot already and they are new they seat kind of weird like if they where to long or something now that bibration i hear i can hear it when in neutral so dought it could be the axles but why did my boot riped il try to take pictures tomorrow and post them up so you guys can see thanx for all the help