Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F&H series motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F&H series motor mounts

Hi all, new member here (been reading for a couple years though) I'll get right to the point. I want to definitively know if the F23 motor mounts are the same as the H22/3. So far what I've found says they are with H series swaps into 98-02 accords being so easy. Also if their respective wirings' are close enough the not require re-pinning plugs and such. Obviously the OBDs change but if I have an 02 F23, will an 02 H23 plug up? I apologize if this is a repetitive post, I'd just like some definitive answers to my specific questions. Thanks guys and gals!

If you're nosy like me and wanna know why I ask these things, then here: I've got an 05 Mitsubishi Lancer, which I really like everything about except the motor. Lack of power, not super modifiable like Honda motors, etc. I've got a wrecked 02 accord with a 5 speed F23 in storage. It's damaged enough it makes more sense to use the low mileage motor out of it in my Lancer than to rebuild the Accord. Ideally I'd like an H23 Vtec, however I don't, and won't have the funds for that soon enough. So I figure I can probably use the F23 and trans to get the hard part of the swap done, and then if I really want to, change out to an H23 later (provided the mounts and wiring are at least decently interchangeable)

Also, I'm not a complete idiot, I'm pretty knowledgeable about cars and engines in general, and have worked on Hondas since I was little. I'll be the first to admit though I'm not an expert, so don't tear into me for my weird ideas or simple ignorance like most online forums these days. Thanks! Sorry bout the mile long post lol
Old 07-02-2017, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: F&H series motor mounts

The mounts should be the same 98-02 Manual F23.... trans should be same mount, rear should be same mount and rear T bracket should be same. The mount that bolts to the chassis on the driver side stays. Just need to get the top bridge mount that bolts to the engne bracket on the driver side from a 97-01 Prelude. Then should all work.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: F&H series motor mounts

Originally Posted by ESP.net
The mounts should be the same 98-02 Manual F23.... trans should be same mount, rear should be same mount and rear T bracket should be same. The mount that bolts to the chassis on the driver side stays. Just need to get the top bridge mount that bolts to the engne bracket on the driver side from a 97-01 Prelude. Then should all work.
That's great! I was thinking it worked that way. I'm trying to get all my plotting and planning done and parts together, so I can do this swap over the winter. I don't imagine it would take me very long if I was just doing it but I want to take the time to do it really right, almost factory like. And turbo