Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Swap?

Hey All,
First time post here, so I'm sorry if this has been addressed before or if this is in the wrong section. I did search around but didn't quite find what I needed.

Here's my situation:
I have a 1994 Accord DX. (4 cylinder manual). From my research, I believe the engine is a F22B2 (non-vtec). It now appears that long before I owned the car, the engine severely overheated and warped the deck on the engine. After ongoing problems, pulling the head revealed that the deck is warped and I want to swap the engine.

I found a JDM F20B DOHC Engine online for a very reasonable price. The site's support told me that it will fit my car, and indeed it does look from the pictures as though all of the bolt patterns (for the transmission etc) are the same. I noticed a few lines coming out of the throttle body that I don't think are on my current engine's throttle body, and I'm also wondering if the wiring connections will be compatible.

Is this swap doable? Advisable? Will the engine connect with the rest of the components correctly and is there anything else I should know when installing it? (I'll be doing this project with a friend who has experience swapping engines but not Honda engines specifically.)

I really appreciate your advice and help. Sorry if this is a super-basic question, and thank you for taking the time.