Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Sputtering please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Sputtering please help!

I have just completed a swap in my Civic, its a crv block and a 98 gsr head, running obd1. I have been having trouble with the engine, it will idle ok and drive ok if i dont beat on it. If I get into the throttle it will die exactly past half throttle, if i then back off the throttle it will come back and I can drive it as long as I dont go past half throttle other times it wont come back and will just sputter and buck. I have switched the TPS, MAP, and Distributor, ECU, also verified that I have enough fuel pressure under load, and switched from my rc injectors back to stock.NOTHING has made a difference. I could really use some help with this situation. if anyone knows of a similiar issue and what the fix was I would love some help on this one. I mean I have switched pretty much everything I can think of. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD SHOP FOR SWAPS IN THE CNY OR ANYWHERE IN NY? Thanks, Chad