Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine runs rough and back fires ( read for full scoop)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine runs rough and back fires ( read for full scoop)

ok here's my set up, i have a 00' civic hatch, i have currently swapped out all of the wiring in the body and engine from the left rear quarter forward to that of a 00"si, engine harness and ecu, body harness and doors! my car is fully equipped with every option pending the sunroof. I have swapped in a b20, and i'm running the 00' si ecu, wiring harness and distributor , no v-tec though, i installed a type R oil pump, w/a new crank sensor and tone wheel, i have the knock sensor installed, all of the wiring is hooked up properly, i was a mechanic for 6 and a half yrs @ the local dealer! so i've double checked all of it, but for some reason the car wont run right at all, it boggs down, sputters, backfires, and also dies when you come to a stop! the only time it even runs half way decent is when it is fully warmed up, the cel is on but the only code i've got is for the v-tec oil psi switch not being hooked up, cus it's non-v-tec right now! my buddy @ the dealer said that the 00 si dizzy might be phazed to the cam differently than that of the b20 dizzy and cam! which explains the way it runs, bogging and backfiring, so i am wanting to know if anyone can elaborate on this or possibly help me out with this, if this is the problem then to hell with the b20 head, bring on the gsr head, and i'll go for the v-tec conversion! thanks for any input to this situation I greatly appreciate it
Old 02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: engine runs rough and back fires (CR-V-tech)

so you have a b16 distributor on a b20 head? Why? Also your 1.6 ecu will never run a 2.0 litre properly. Get the proper ECU like a chipped p28 and figure out your distributor issues. Also if you can just swap the head now a b20 vtec will be much better than a non-vtec.