Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE HARNESS HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENGINE HARNESS HELP PLEASE!

Okay guys, heres the deal not to long ago I swapped a OBD2B GSR engine into my OBD2a Civic and ran a obD2B ECU from the Si. Now I got myself my old engine harness and a Obd2a P72 ECU and im looking at some of the plugs to swap the harnesses since it cameoff pretty easy it shouldnt be so hard to put back on. Now problem is that my cousin started working on the pass side working with the fire wall and battery stuff as I started on the driver side on the end with the Injectors and we came to the point were the Injectors are diffrent style plugs....what do I do. Im lost and im not sure whats going on or what to do. Is there something else that I need please any inquiries would be welcomed if anyone has had experience in the MD area let me know I need some serious help on this one.
Also engine is JDM
Old 05-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahh everything is off except injectors
Old 05-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StreetRacinThug)

you need to cut the plugs off and soldier the ones you need on to the harness.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What if i just connect them with plugs but dont solder. I did this and im basically done now. Car wont start now and when the key is all the way in the speedometer is going crazy/
Old 05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ENGINE HARNESS HELP PLEASE! (StreetRacinThug)

Ok guys thanks for the help on splicing the wires as I did and it worked out great and car is running awesome but now im getting 3 codes and i think i connected my engine harness incorrectly because my idle is high at 3k rpm and sometimes falls to 2k but then back to 3k. I tried swtiching with the IAVC and the sensor on top of the I/M but when I do so the idle is low at 1500 but it bounces really bad. The three cels that I have are p0113, p1337, p0141. I know the last one is the o2 sensor which is unplugged since i need to extend the 02 sensor. Anything on the RPM signal and the IAT Sensor?? How do I fix those?

Anyone know what color the wires should be that plug into these sensors by the intake manifold? But my RPM and MPH read. Please any help appriciated.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ENGINE HARNESS HELP PLEASE! (StreetRacinThug)

for the rpm signal check the blue wire coming from the distributor that is your tach signal for the iat do you have it pluged in? check to make sure the wires are getting power. for the idle check for vacum leaks. also bleed your cooling system there is a bleeder screw on top of your thermostat housing open that and let all the air out till you see coolant come out. also check your grounds there is one that people always forget to tighten or put on that is the one on the thermostat housing check all other grounds. frame to tranny and frame to valve cover. if all else fails take the iacv off and clean it. then take the fitv (under the throttle body) and take the plate off of the end 2 screws. there will be a white plunger looking thing in there it should not sit flush with the housing so screw it in till it wont go anymore and that should take care of you idle issue. let us know
Old 05-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright thanks bro. Ill see what I can do after school.