Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine arrived today from HMO...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default engine arrived today from HMO...

took about a week... but it's here.

JDM B18C with LSD

HMO gets a from me. really good customer service, engine is pretty damn clean considering it's almost 10 years old and it arrived when steve said it would.

the only thing i didn't like was that they cut pretty much all the hoses... even the fuel hose from the fuel filter to the fuel rail. that hose alone costs about $70. i'm gonna replace all the hoses anyway, so i guess it ain't no biggie.

right now i'm ordering all the parts i need (hoses, timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires etc...). my JDM DC 4-1 header should be here wednesday along with the car sound cat... but i'll be swapping the engine in on monday.
Old 02-21-2003, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (Blazin Si)

Nice and clean, good luck with the install.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (tommyboy)

looks good, sounds like you got a plan
Old 02-21-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (96coupe)

Looks nice, that motor is one of my favs! Aside from the hose issue, looks just as clean as that IAS motor swap that was up here today.
Old 02-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (Nextekhatch)

thanks for the replies.

i can't wait to get my hatch to the track. my roomate has a '94 mustang 5.0 and likes to talk **** on imports (mostly honda's). his best time was a 14.0 on drag radials... if i can get somewhere in the 14's i'll be happy.

biggest problem i have is that i'll be bumped up from STS class to SM for auto-x.
i'll be getting my *** kicked... no doubt.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!

Do I see a 60's GM car in the background?
Old 02-22-2003, 12:47 AM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (hot_EG)

Awesome Blazin Si glad to see your motor arrived. Do you think he would send you another fuel line?

Well took my truck to the store today anticipating the arrival of my engine but nadda. Should be here on Sat.. or Mon.

Will prob. still call you when I get stuck. If thats still cool? Thanks and congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2003, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (hot_EG)

Nice!

Do I see a 60's GM car in the background?
that's a 300M sitting in the background. my buddy was joking around about dropping the Hemi from that into my civic.

Awesome Blazin Si glad to see your motor arrived. Do you think he would send you another fuel line?

Well took my truck to the store today anticipating the arrival of my engine but nadda. Should be here on Sat.. or Mon.

Will prob. still call you when I get stuck. If thats still cool? Thanks and congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks

as far as the fuel hose goes, i don't think they'll replace it. all the parts they guaranteed to be intact and unbroken were there, except for a clip for one of the wiring harnesses... it cracked a little, but i'll replace that since it will cost about $5.

i hope you get your engine soon. even though we had that big snow storm the engine still arrived on time... i was impressed.

yeah, if you run into any problems, let me know, i'll see if i can help you out.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have one of those fuel hoses, 15shipped
Old 02-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (HybridHatchC1)

i have one of those fuel hoses, 15shipped
yeah, definitely... as long as it ain't cracked or dry rotted or anything.

i'll get back to you on that.
Old 02-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice engine
other then the cut hoses I give the setup
Old 08-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (sleeperciv)

Is that a new a/c compressor that came with the motor?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:18 PM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (2camsaam)

I like it... I like it so much I think you should give it to me...
Old 08-31-2003, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (DarkProject)

I got my fuel hose from Honda brand new for $30 since mine was cut also. Swap looks good and hopefully people see you get what you paid for so spend the little bit extra
Old 08-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (nsxmatt)

why dont you just use the stock fuel line? thats what ive done on all of my swaps and swaps ive done for people
Old 09-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (Timmay)

It looks a hell of alot better than the motor I received from Steve! It took me 2 months for him to refund my money and he still owes me $100!

More pics here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290419693
Old 09-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (dwnthehatch)

Man, that's bad. Was that a shipping error? I'm sure it didn't leave that way, or I hope it didn't.
Old 09-01-2003, 04:12 PM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (nsxmatt)

The only issue I had when I got my motor was the TPS sensor. The wrecker hit it against the firewall on lift out. You can use your D series TPS sensor with no problems.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (REVHARD_EF)

I just wanted to vouch for HMO. All the motors are fully checked out to make sure that they have no broken sensors then compression tested to make sure that you dont get a bad motor.

All the bad motors that arnt perfect he keeps them for parts, like TPS sensors that may have broken on a perfect motor. He isnt like other companies who just ship out whatever they get in. You have to realize the time it takes to take off every hose while removing an engine... takes awhile. As for a fuel hose, why not just reuse your stock one? New radiator hoses are 25 bucks at the most and are a good idea to buy new ones anyway. Heater hoses, reuse stock. The only thing that you really need are the radiator hoses.
It looks like that other motor got pretty tore up in shipping. I know for a fact that the motor didnt leave HMO like that. We all know what a pain it is to deal with shipping companies and im sure you'll get your money back. You have to realize how many people try to scam steve at HMO trying to pull bullshit saying stuff was broken when it got there, or missing etc... Ive even seen people send back entire transmissions trying to say that it was broken when the serial # of that transmission isnt even the same as the one he sent out. It gets expensive fixing other peoples mistakes, so just understand his frustration. He always comes through, so he'll fix your problem.

You honestly cant find a better JDM importer of motors. If you go to other places, you'll get broken sensors galore and they would LAUGH at you if you even brought up the fact that they were broken, let alone cut hoses.

As always, for the best JDM importer in the business... w/ the best prices to go along with it.

Steve always has my vouch

-dan
Old 09-02-2003, 11:25 AM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (irev210)

As far as your fuel hose you should just use the stock one. Also ive had nothing but good luck from steve
Old 09-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (jDmDxTuRd)

steve is good, my motor had a bad ignitor, broken tps, and was missing the intermediate shaft, he sent me a new intermediate shaft fast...
Old 09-02-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (irev210)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by irev210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> All the motors are fully checked out to make sure that they have no broken sensors then compression tested to make sure that you dont get a bad motor.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you know? Are you there everyday? Do you work for Steve? or is this just what Steve told you.

I bought my engine from HMO. I am very pleased with the swap that I got, however, to say that Steve's customer service is "Great" is quite a stretch. It takes him forever to get stuff done. I'm sure that he is very busy, and I can understand that this stuff takes time, but I would not go as far as saying that the service is great.

I tried asking Steve some simple questions when I purchased my engine and it was like pulling teeth to get answers out of him.

Great customer service is IAS. They spent the time with me, and were willing to answer any question I had.

I told Steve that I needed a '95 or newer swap inorder to make it legal in NJ. When it got here, BAM! it a out of a '94. I decided screw it I'm not waiting another 2 weeks to have him ship out a new one after I send him back this one.

The swap has been in my car for 2 1/2 months now and it is running fine. However, I still don't have any of the information from the compression tests that they have run. I called Steve about a month ago and he said that he would send it out. Still not here.

I like HMO and I think that, GENERALLY, they put out a good product.

But customer service is a big

Sorry this is so long just had to get that off my chest. It's been really getting to me.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: engine arrived today from HMO... (SpyderZEX)

i go visit ALOT, I used to be there atleast once a week to buy stuff.
I would see steves workers compression testing motors, getting them ready for shipment etc.

He keeps bags full of spare sensors in his office for the ones that come broken.

Yes, he is a busy guy, but if he hired more people, it would just increase the cost of the motors.