Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ek h22 Cam gear Settings with MUGEN H22a HEADER

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2002, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ek h22 Cam gear Settings with MUGEN H22a HEADER

Hey guys I'm looking for help here,

car is a 96ek, with 2000 SIR front end conversion, SIR wheels and coil-overs. mount kit is HCP and shaft combo has been built using 89-91 shafts and prelude inners with a h22a jackshaft. axels are oem and are new (perfect joints and couplers) etc 3 peice kit, front mount being built to later accomodate turbo if i decide to isntall one.

my swap is a a JDM h22a fully rebuilt (0k) new everything, with LSD tranny, MUGEN H22a header, AEM cold air, modified 2001 type-R exaust, with 2.5 piping (mandrel bent stainless steel) with test pipe, and can substitute with ACCORD CAT, running a "Skunk2" chipped p-28, butter flies are activated on rpm switch, I have a custom intake manifold but it's not on the car because that's for later (Venom-STR duplicate)

what should be the optimum cam gear settings...

on the intake side and exaust side...

i'm debating because not many dyno's mention the cam gear settings... mind you i know there's not defenet answer but a good starting point ... dyno testing is very expensive so i'd have a good place to start because at 50-75 a run ti's expensive for a fiew horsepower..

car is N/A

any idea's ???

do AEM power pulleys fit when you have an ek22 with hcp mounts ?
Old 08-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ek h22 Cam gear Settings with MUGEN H22a HEADER (HotWheelz-turboh22dx)

You will need to visit a dyno and have it tuned adequately.

Regards,
Mark Perez
Import Performance