Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU Chips

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Chips

What do you guys think about chips like these.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...299847&r=0&t=0

I thought it would be good to turn the vtec on sooner...but I've been reading and seems some people are faster with it around 6k. Also..opitmized fuel? you think it will really help?
Old 02-24-2002, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ECU Chips (FitCRX)

check out my website, i offer many different chips, better prices and at least reliabilty...
http://www.hyperducktuning.com or link below
Old 02-24-2002, 08:55 AM

Default Re: ECU Chips (eg6ajk)

Ok anyone not trying to sell me something...please anwser
Old 02-24-2002, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude why would you say something like that. he's trying to help you out.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ECU Chips (racerxadam)

seriously
Old 02-24-2002, 08:53 PM

Default Re: ECU Chips (hybrider93)

Not to be an *******...but I have all of that information on his site....in fact I paid $30 cheaper for mine(not to down his products, his might be better than what I got who knows..they look the same)
Im looking for someone who has used it and has personal experience with them. If they are useless, his site isn't going to tell me "this product is really a waste of money, but the great thing is that you can brag to your rice friends that you have a chip"

Anyone with attual knowledge? Is the changing of vtec point and fuel mapping going to be a waste or what?

[Modified by FitCRX, 5:54 AM 2/25/2002]
Old 02-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have been using eg6ajk's (Adrian's) chips in my P28 ECU (93 Si D16Z6) for a couple of months now.
I buddy of mine is also using one of Adrian's chipped ECU's in his B16 Powered EG with very nice results ... He has been comparing 3-4 programs against a HondaData programed ECU, and these chips have been holding up quite well.

I have had no problems with the chips and have seen really nice butt-dyno increases in power.
I am playing with four chips right now ... XS, RPT, Skunk2, and a Turbo/Nitrous program.
With basic bolt-ons (IHE, & flywheel) I have noticed a substantial boost in power with these chips partucularily the RPT and Turbo chips. Each one is different, and will respond differently to the mods I suspect(each have different fuel maps and Ignition settings) .

The RPT has less low-end torque, but as soon as you hit VTEC(which you can really feel) at 4500 RPM It pulls HARD till 7500RPM+.
The Turbo Program runs really rich(all kinds of farts and backfires) but has oodles of torque all over the place.
The Skunk is somewhere between the two.
The XS is a mild program a bit more aggressive than stock(this is my daily driver chip ... unless I am feeling frisky and the RPT goes in: )

Seriously ... this mod ranks right up with the Lightened flywheel as the best "bang for the buck" mod I have done to my car

Adrian is a really good guy ... and provides excelent service ... I highly recommend him, and for the American's you cannot beat the CDN$ discount : )

I hope to get to the dyno in a week or so to see what each of these chips are ACTUALLY doing. I will be doing a stock ECU baseline and runs with each of the chips ..I then will be going back once the ZEX cam goes in, to do it all again.

Cheers

Moose

[Modified by Moosilla, 7:47 PM 2/25/2002]
Old 02-26-2002, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks andrew
Not to be an *******...but I have all of that information on his site....in fact I paid $30 cheaper for mine(not to down his products, his might be better than what I got who knows..they look the same)
Im looking for someone who has used it and has personal experience with them. If they are useless, his site isn't going to tell me "this product is really a waste of money, but the great thing is that you can brag to your rice friends that you have a chip"

Anyone with attual knowledge? Is the changing of vtec point and fuel mapping going to be a waste or what?

[Modified by FitCRX, 5:54 AM 2/25/2002]
i am happy you got a better deal, all the burnt chips look alike (even one which do not work). If the product i offer doesn't work properly or doesn't produce power, i simply do not sell it to customers or take it back. You can ask around, of many who have dealt with me.

If someone buys a chip and is not satisifed I take it back or try to replace it with a different type till you are satisfied, this is the reason why I dyno my chips, haven't done all chips but i am working on it...

each motor is different therefore not all chips will work or produce extreme levels of power like many think, on the given motor, so why chip, you ask? fuel, igniton maps are usually more aggressive, ability to disable sensors (ie. knock), auto ecu, sohc vtec ecu and its the same thing that spoon would sell you but at 1/10 of the price or less .....why you get two differnt chips for $60, ability to closer match the maps/vtec/rev limit to the given motor..
Old 02-26-2002, 05:19 PM

Default Re: ECU Chips (eg6ajk)

I stand by Adrian's Service as well. Extremly affordable ECU with multiple chips for your needs. Can't be beat. I just got my ECU today thru the mail from Canada to California today