Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

how i chip my ecu?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how i chip my ecu?

I've been reading up on chipping ecu's and what not, and i've read some really good tutorials, i'm going to give it a try and chip my p72, i know the fuel maps and vtec point are a little off with the addition of my skunk manifold, i've worked with electronics before, but this is new to me and i'm a little scared, if anyone has links to really good tutorials, it would be great, ones with pics world help a lot, and if anyone knows of a vid of someone doing this(although i'm kinda doubtful), please, please link it, thanks guys!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: how i chip my ecu? (Littlegreend15)

I suggest you take it somewhere to get it chipped, now I don't know of any places off hand that do it. Chipping your ECU isn't that easy of a task, if you mess it up your out an ECU.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:15 AM

Default Re: how i chip my ecu? (JDM-EJ1)

if you can solder on a board you can do it. here a good tutorial

http://www.ecucontrol.com/how_to_mod_my_ecu.htm

i just got done adding a usb cable to my ecu for datalogging
Old 07-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how i chip my ecu? (BROKE.eg)

Follow the tutorials.

Get a spring loaded solder sucker at Radio Shack and a soldering iron with a fine point (ECU modding on a budget). The spring loaded solder sucker is highly effective and inexpensive. You will need to cut a small notch in the plastic tip of the solder sucker to allow the soldering iron tip to sit "inside" of the solder sucker tip. It is hard to explain but you will understand when you see the items being discussed.

That is it. Simple, inexpensive, and it can yield identical results to expensive vacuum solder guns.

If you need help email me.

-kenji
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 AM
Electrician

http://www.pgmfi.org will help you GREATLY with LOTS of information.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: how i chip my ecu? (kenji)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kenji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Follow the tutorials.

Get a spring loaded solder sucker at Radio Shack and a soldering iron with a fine point (ECU modding on a budget). The spring loaded solder sucker is highly effective and inexpensive. You will need to cut a small notch in the plastic tip of the solder sucker to allow the soldering iron tip to sit "inside" of the solder sucker tip. It is hard to explain but you will understand when you see the items being discussed.

That is it. Simple, inexpensive, and it can yield identical results to expensive vacuum solder guns.

If you need help email me.

-kenji</TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard the cheap solder suckers don't work well at all. I just got done desoldering my p28 so i could chip it for uber. Using the coper braid desoldering stuff tok forever. I'd pick up the solder sucker and the copper braid. I think the braid was only like $4.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

yeah, thats where i've been reading about it, interesting stuff there, I am not taking it somewhere to have it done, I've soldered on boards before, i'm more looking for in depth manerials on what needs to be done
Old 07-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: (Littlegreend15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Littlegreend15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, thats where i've been reading about it, interesting stuff there, I am not taking it somewhere to have it done, I've soldered on boards before, i'm more looking for in depth manerials on what needs to be done</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you looking to run? I just soldered in my uber-data stuff yesterday. Very simple. Hardest part is desoldering everything.

You just need the 2 chips, ZIF sockets, resistor, and capicitors. (For uber/crome)
Old 07-16-2005, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how i chip my ecu? (nota-eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I heard the cheap solder suckers don't work well at all. I just got done desoldering my p28 so i could chip it for uber. Using the coper braid desoldering stuff tok forever. I'd pick up the solder sucker and the copper braid. I think the braid was only like $4.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can use a solder wick (braid) or a spring loaded vacuum solder sucker and get the same results as an expensive electric powered vacuum solder sucker. However, I choose to use the electric powered vacuum solder sucker because it is easier when doing 10-20 ECUs in one sitting.

Either way you choose you can send me an email and I will help you out.

-kenji