Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

-DONT want to hear NEGative BS about this. H22 swap for CRX Si, what is needed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -DONT want to hear NEGative BS about this. H22 swap for CRX Si, what is needed?

first let me start off by saying,, STFU to all that want to be ****** and talk trash about this swap. i know it may handle not as great, but i know how to do suspension right, and im wanting to do this swap for drag racing. Not autocross or anything else that involves hard turning.
as for mounts and cutting/welding thats not a bid deal to me.
AND... i did do a search to find some info on this swap and all i saw was jagoffs sayin how its not goin to handle for **** and saying its not worth it, and actually not putting forth any info towards this swap,,,,-i dont want any of that.
now to my questions
i may be getting a 91 CRx Si and want to h22 swap it.(if not that CRX, i will get one none the less. Si model only i will buy for wireing purposes)
----which year USDM H22 VTEC prelude should the engine come from? (i have a dealers auction liscence and come across many wrecked cars to where i might be able to get the year range i need)
----what wireing harness is used? custom made or does hasport have something?
----what ECU is used? obviously has to be rechipped, but has to work with wireing harnsess
----what Axles are needed that actually fit right?
----which shift linkage? i have a welder and could fab something if needed
i have heard that all prelude VTEC h22's have LSD? i might be wrong. thanks to all that WILL help me out and **** off to those that dont have the inspiration to pull off this swap.
---lastly do all USDM h22 VTEC's have solid deck sleeves?
thanks

[Modified by JDM CRX, 8:07 PM 10/7/2002]
Old 10-07-2002, 12:49 PM

Default Re: -DONT want to hear NEGative BS about this. H22 swap for CRX Si, what is needed? (JDM CRX)

Never done this before but I am also quite interested in it. A Buddy of mine wants me to do this to his car.

Your going to want an OBD I H22 complete changeover (92-95). You'll need the tranny, motor, shifter cables, and ECU.

Dont worry about finding an Si because of wiring.. you are going to have to modify everything anyways, and since your buiulding a drag car, the Si is the heaviest. Get yourself an Hf or DX. Personally I'd choose DX, you would have to track down DX/Si wheel hubs. Plus, you can swap a complete Si wiring harness into the car. Either way, you'd better be handy with a soldering iron.

You wont have to have it rechipped, use a P13 from an OBD I prelude.

Axles.... thats probably going to be something completely custom. I know there are a few shops around that will make custom ones for you. If you find a good price somewhere, let me know. I might be in the market for some.

Use the stock Prelude shifter cables. If you get an OBD I swap, the shifter assembly is metal. You can either bolt or weld it to your floor.

Not all H22's are LSD.

No, not all USDM H22's have solid decks. I think it was 96 and earlier. I really am not sure, my buddy would know though.

Let me know if you've got more questions. Be prepared to convert the CRX to OBD I. Not as scary as it sounds... trust me.

*EDIT* Buddy just proposed a good question... H22 tranny is not cable operated. I have heard of such a conversion kit to allow the use of a B-series tranny on the H22. Might have to look into that and see if its a viable option, or just add the clutch master cylinder.

[Modified by Slurp56, 9:57 PM 10/7/2002]
Old 10-07-2002, 01:52 PM

Default Re: -DONT want to hear NEGative BS about this. H22 swap for CRX Si, what is needed? (Slurp56)

hey dude sounds like fun...go for it..u need to get in contact with place racing because they offer everything u need for this sawp from the axles, mounts, wiring everything..email them for one of thier catalogs.... http://www.placeracing.com/
good luck with everything..will be a fun project...i hope to build one one day(crx with h22 for drag that is.)
Old 10-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: -DONT want to hear NEGative BS about this. H22 swap for CRX Si, what is needed? (JDM CRX)

sounds like a fun swap...i dont think i've seen one done before. good luck