Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing VTEC ecu conversion. Need some info please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doing VTEC ecu conversion. Need some info please.

I'm swapping out my rigged PM6 ecu for a proper PR3 VTEC ecu. I think I have the basics down, but I still have a few questions because I want to get it right the first time. This is my first time re-wiring a car so any assistance would be useful and appreciated.

From my understanding I need to run 4 new wires: 2nd o2 sensor, knock sensor, vtec pressure, and vtec soleniod. From what it looks like some one has already added 3 of the needed wires, as they have bullet connectors on the ends. The one I don't get is the 2nd o2 sensor wire because in my cars harness it appears to be being used.

The reason I'm confused is because on the pr3 plug harness that came with the ecu the 2nd o2 sensor is a orange wire. On the harness in the car that wire is white. What do I do with this wire? What is its purpose on the pm6 ecu? Do I just cut it and run my own wire to the 2nd o2 sensor? Also, where do I put the 2nd o2 sensor when I add it? I've searched up and down for this info but haven't had any luck.

Also, I need to know where the vtec pressure switch is and which wire(if its not a 1 wire sensor) goes to the ecu and which is ground.

Please for the love of god help me out. Just a hint. post a reference site. I don't care. My brain is fried from searching on this subject for the past 3 days. I really hate to ask for help but I this case I'm kinda up **** creek if I don't.

Old 10-17-2003, 10:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Doing VTEC ecu conversion. Need some info please. (Hybridize)

Okay, I am assuming you are doing a first gen B16 swap is this correct?

What EF are you doing this in? If you are doing this into a hatch/crx DX then you need to convert from dual point to multi point.

Refer here for that:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=639552

For wiring VTEC, you need to wire from the VTEC solenoid to the A08 pinout.

For the VTEC pressure switch, simply wire from the VTEC pressure to the B05 pinout. The VTEC pressure ground wire goes to the thermostat housing (which is the engine harness ground).

For the knock sensor, you will need to wire from the Knock Sensor (which is mounted near the cylinder head) at the rear of the engine to the B19 pinout.

The second O2 sensor is from the O2 to the C16 pinout (mybad I had confused with the C8 pinout )

If there are *any* wires at the pinouts listed above, regardless of what other sensor it goes to, you need to have that specific pinout go to it's proper sensor using a PR3 ECU.

If you have an ORG wire at the C08, and a WHT wire with the second O2 sensor, then simply match them up. All you are doing is connecting the sensor with their proper pinout locations.

Modified by poison at 12:48 PM 10/17/2003
Old 10-17-2003, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a bunch. ^

Just need to weld in another o2 bung now for the second o2... Anyone know where i should put it?