Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damned infernal code 9!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damned infernal code 9!!!

Code 9 on Zc after 3 mos.

Here is the info…91 Crx dx (had wrecked Civic dx-zc to use for reference so I just swapped plug for plug and matched it all up.), 90 ZC, ZC tranny, and ZC ECU, typical go fast parts and a few extras.

Well swap has been for about 3 mos. now with no codes. added a K&n Filter last Friday (thanks to SJpotato), and flushed the radiator last night (added redline waterwetter and distilled water). Turned on car while filling with water to make sure it was full and no codes. Let it sit overnight and get in to come to work this morning and no sooner then the car fires up…check engine light comes on, checked the codes and Code 9 pops up. Car has run fine before, fells a lil slower than it did in my civic (wrecked in Oct. 2001) but runs good nonetheless. Had to drive it to work with the CEL on, as I didn't have time to play with it.

Looking for a lil help on this as the car was running fine before and all of a sudden w/o any warning this code! I've checked previous post here and on other tech sites and some say it's the TDC sensor, or the exhaust cam sensor, others say it's in the distributor. So there's a few conflicting answers.
Oh also during the accident the exhaust cam sensor wires were damaged (cut bewteen sensor and connector) and needed to be reattached, so they are a lil longer than they were stock. I did this and as I said before car was running fine until today. Should I just swap out the exh cam sensor (88-89 teg right)? Could this be my problem or can it be something else? How much for that part? Tia for any help.