Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

d15b vtec into a Canadian civic vx

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d15b vtec into a Canadian civic vx

Can anyone tell me what else I have to wire up besides the 4 wire O2 sensor? And can I use my vx distributor and spark plug wires. The swap is practically done but for some reason the car won't run right. I have to floor it and keep it floored to start it up, it starts out real slow then revs up very slowly and when it gets up to higher rpms it sounds shitty then when I let go of the gas it just dies. All the spark plug wires are in the right place and I'm getting spark from all the plugs. The only thing left to do is get a distributor for the d16z6 since I'm using a P28. If anyone can help I would appreciate it, thanks.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: d15b vtec into a Canadian civic vx (iowasmurf)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iowasmurf &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can anyone tell me what else I have to wire up besides the 4 wire O2 sensor? And can I use my vx distributor and spark plug wires. The swap is practically done but for some reason the car won't run right. I have to floor it and keep it floored to start it up, it starts out real slow then revs up very slowly and when it gets up to higher rpms it sounds shitty then when I let go of the gas it just dies. All the spark plug wires are in the right place and I'm getting spark from all the plugs. The only thing left to do is get a distributor for the d16z6 since I'm using a P28. If anyone can help I would appreciate it, thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
the problem with your car dying is your distributor. I use to have that problem...i thought it wasnt getting enough fuel...untill i took off the distributor and found out that the grooves @ the end of the distributor was fucked up. and thats why it started my car like it was going to die...same **** happend to me dude. its your distributor.

edit: replace it with a d16z6 distributor. that should solve your problem.