Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

convince me to go h2b

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convince me to go h2b

i have a fully built na h22 and I realize what it means to have an h2b, but i have still yet to see evidence that proves that it is more that just to say i have a b series tranny. I have thought about doin it but it just doesn't seem like theres a real point to it. i would like to hear what <U>REAL</U> advantages a person would get from spending the extra G to do this. (im easily convinced) and will probably end up doing it anyways.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (CivicSH)

Easier attainable transmissions that are cheaper to buy, with a better aftermarket support, with a rod shifted transmission as apposed to cables, with better factory gear ratios.

Yeah, I haven't seen any proof other then just being able to say I have a B trans.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

check out this thread

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2109889&page=6

stock internals, skunk2 intake manifold, 72mm throttle body, intake and header. 12.1's
Old 03-12-2008, 01:19 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: convince me to go h2b (2fast4u831)

see member skunked- Dropped 2 tenths from just going form H trans to b trans. .
Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: convince me to go h2b (2fastGSR)

better gearing options, better ground clearance with qsd kit, better axle angles, more clutch/flywheel options
Old 03-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All Motor H2B Coupe- Stock Block/Head - 12.15 @ 111 - 1.62 60ft </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is why
Old 03-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (.Hatches.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Hatches. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is why </TD></TR></TABLE>

no doubt

Gearing and available OE trans options
Ground Clearance (especially QSD Kit)
Solid Rod Shifter
Stock axles, stock axle geometry (QSD Kit)
No hacking of the chassis for a shifter unlike the H22 trans requires.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: convince me to go h2b (skunked)

+ it's JDM yo
Old 03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

convince me not to go h2b! lol
Old 03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shadowz7429)

this is my far one of the best swap combo's you can do. It's cost effective and can hang with a K

will be doing this swap as well....
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a fully built na h22 and I realize what it means to have an h2b, but i have still yet to see evidence that proves that it is more that just to say i have a b series tranny. I have thought about doin it but it just doesn't seem like theres a real point to it. i would like to hear what <U>REAL</U> advantages a person would get from spending the extra G to do this. (im easily convinced) and will probably end up doing it anyways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't do it it sucks.. its not worth it. our H2B crx only runs 11's...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jime64871)

I'm not H2B (yet) but I've seen people upgrade to more aggressive gearing and shave ET many times.

I would do it in a second if I had a N/A setup.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (h22crxpwr)

YOUR RUNNIN 11'S ? 11 what to be exact if you dont mind. 60 foot and speed please.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (EGHATCH4YA209)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EGHATCH4YA209 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">YOUR RUNNIN 11'S ? 11 what to be exact if you dont mind. 60 foot and speed please. </TD></TR></TABLE>

See sig foo!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: convince me to go h2b (SIXTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SIXTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

See sig foo!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it better suited for more of a race specific car than a daily driver build?

I see pics of these cars with the back of the hoods raised several inches which makes them look like they've been in a collision.

How's traction with street tires?

How's cruising at highway speeds?

How well do the b-series tranny's and axels handle the extra torque?

I realize any h22 swap in a civic could roast street tires, but how big is the difference? does it feel like a pleasant street driver?

These are just my questions.

d
Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 PM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (daver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it better suited for more of a race specific car than a daily driver build?

I see pics of these cars with the back of the hoods raised several inches which makes them look like they've been in a collision.

How's traction with street tires?

How's cruising at highway speeds?

How well do the b-series tranny's and axels handle the extra torque?

I realize any h22 swap in a civic could roast street tires, but how big is the difference? does it feel like a pleasant street driver?

These are just my questions.

d</TD></TR></TABLE>

1- very vague question. its is no different driving than any other swap. The hood being raised isnt that bad with a stock manifold, surely doesnt make it not driveable but some people may not like it for a street car.

2- traction with street tires suck- but is no different than any h or k swap. I mean do you really go around launching hard on the street anyways?

3- Cruising at highway speeds would depend on what tranny, gears, final drive. I would imagine its not bad on a stock gsr/b16 trans with the stock 4.4. My 4.7 is a little high on the highway but that is because of the 4.7

4- How well do the b series trans and axles hold? well look at all the other regular b swaps with a hell of a lot more power holding up fine. Any stock axle can be questionable , but most have made them work.

5- Again it makes not really any difference than any other swaps. I feel it places the H's powerband more effectively to the ground- having driven both h and b trans cars, but thats just personal preference
Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2fastGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

1- very vague question. its is no different driving than any other swap. The hood being raised isnt that bad with a stock manifold, surely doesnt make it not driveable but some people may not like it for a street car.

2- traction with street tires suck- but is no different than any h or k swap. I mean do you really go around launching hard on the street anyways?

3- Cruising at highway speeds would depend on what tranny, gears, final drive. I would imagine its not bad on a stock gsr/b16 trans with the stock 4.4. My 4.7 is a little high on the highway but that is because of the 4.7

4- How well do the b series trans and axles hold? well look at all the other regular b swaps with a hell of a lot more power holding up fine. Any stock axle can be questionable , but most have made them work.

5- Again it makes not really any difference than any other swaps. I feel it places the H's powerband more effectively to the ground- having driven both h and b trans cars, but thats just personal preference</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. no problem, it was an open ended opinion prompting question

2. First gear second gear rolling starts, 1rst to second gear shifts, 2nd to third? Any street driving other than driving miss daisy.

3. I assume most go for a gsr/b16/itr trans gearing, preferably with an lsd. Looking for opinions

4. i was more interested in prompting responses of actual experiences specific to h2b swaps. good or bad

5. thats what i wanted to hear, your experienced opinion.

d
Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
King of the One Liners

1st gear is worthless if you are trying to "get on it". In my car second gear spins as well on street tires. Merging onto the highway , if i am in the higher end of 2nd gear it still spins a little and then hooks. 3rd is fine.

Lsd is obviously always better. most go with the b16 and it is a little higher on the highway but not un driveable. Could always throw in a LS 5th gear if you wanted highway cruising speed.

I would imagine the b series trans will hold up just fine. Especially if it is a streetcar. I cant imagine you will be driving around with 600+ hp on the street lol . The axles are another story. I have launched on stock axles with 23 inch slicks with nothing breaking yet ( knock on wood 100X) but doesnt mean i trust them. I would choose an upgraded axle anyday, but thats only for track use. Street car with little track time shouldnt matter. Stock axles are so cheap that someone may want to keep an extra set laying around if they go to the track often.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I drive my H2B everyday and no complaints here. 1st & 2nd = no traction and i'm only on a GSR trans. I would image its much worst on a 4.7FD, I'm looking to invest on one in the near future But on the hood spacer thing, seriously "ground clearance &gt; hood spacers"
Old 03-17-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Re: (ri_rv)

has anyone gone from h tranny to b tranny, how the hell do i fix my floor if i want to go back to the old shifter. and all this is good info and im sure its great but. already got nice clutch and lightened flywheel for h tranny. SO then i would need to get new flywheel, clutch tranny, possible gear switching, mount, shifter linkage, axle ETC sounds like ALOT of **** to replace that i already have that works great for me. so what im being told is basically pointless since im already h22 unless i want to spend 2k and gain .2 yippy. thanks for the help but i think ill stick with the h22. maybe if i started over again or if i was rich and money didn't mattter like some people i would probably do it.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicSH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicSH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">has anyone gone from h tranny to b tranny, how the hell do i fix my floor if i want to go back to the old shifter. and all this is good info and im sure its great but. already got nice clutch and lightened flywheel for h tranny. SO then i would need to get new flywheel, clutch tranny, possible gear switching, mount, shifter linkage, axle ETC sounds like ALOT of **** to replace that i already have that works great for me. so what im being told is basically pointless since im already h22 unless i want to spend 2k and gain .2 yippy. thanks for the help but i think ill stick with the h22. maybe if i started over again or if i was rich and money didn't mattter like some people i would probably do it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i used to have the same mentality till i started breaking h22 tranny's those things are dogs on high rpm h22's and not to mention breaking a bunch of final drives. now for the average street driven h22 swap an h22 tranny is fine, but if you're making 250whp and reving the motor up to 9k rpm.... h22 tranny's dont work out that well. now spending 2k and gaining .2 on my e/t is worth any penny because its still gets me across the finish line before you .... just my 2 cents......
Old 03-17-2008, 07:19 PM

Default Re: (AllMotorRandy)

you also have alot more money than me. im sure you don't need .2 to get on me anyway and im sure if i had the extra 2k sittin around i would do it. but right now cost/benfit doesn't add up
Old 03-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicSH)

It really depends on your plans for the car that will determine if it's worth the money... Dispite what people may say, many are not that serious about going fast and in that case I'm shure a H series will be fine, but trust me, it will not hold up the the abuse of high hp, high rpm, fast shiffting situations often seen in drag racing!

EDiT: you gotta pay to play
Old 03-17-2008, 07:38 PM

Default Re: (88ED8)

well its hit high 13's quite a few times and i never take it higher than 8200, seems to workin out soo far. i appreciate the help though, im sure if mine goes out itll prb convince me to switch.

Id still like to hear a litle info on the floor board situation with it being cut out then having to go back to the old shifter?

Quick Reply: convince me to go h2b