Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer queston

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer queston

will a 99 civic type r computer work and plug into a 92 cx hatch? im having a problem with my car not starting in the cold maybe due toi have a differrent computer. if i plug a stock ctr com to the motor it will work fine a nd start in the cold due to air fuel ratios not Jiving?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: computer queston (Pojazz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pojazz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">will a 99 civic type r computer work and plug into a 92 cx hatch? im having a problem with my car not starting in the cold maybe due toi have a differrent computer. if i plug a stock ctr com to the motor it will work fine a nd start in the cold due to air fuel ratios not Jiving?</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO it will not plug n' play.
You will need an OBD1 to OBD2a/b jumper harness in order to plug the ecu into a 92 civic. (i sell these btw).

But it shouldn't matter which ECU you have, the car should start regardless (if the non-CTR ecu was working before)

Old 12-09-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: computer queston (Katman)

im gonna take another p28 with out a chip and with a hondata and reprogram and tune on a laptopn on sunday hope this does it. the problem im haveing is i have a mugen chip and was told they run really rich on the fuel side which i dont know why but maybe this is why the cars not starting in cold weather?
Old 12-12-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Re: computer queston (Pojazz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pojazz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna take another p28 with out a chip and with a hondata and reprogram and tune on a laptopn on sunday hope this does it. the problem im haveing is i have a mugen chip and was told they run really rich on the fuel side which i dont know why but maybe this is why the cars not starting in cold weather?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know this my sound dumb, but it can happen.
You say the car will not start in cold weather -try to bring the ECU inside your house one night, keep it warm, then take it out to the car on a cold morning and see if it will start.
Reason: cold solder joints. This maybe from a bad soldering job, or just sometimes there is a cold solder joint on the ecu board, that when it is cold, it will not make a connection. I have an ECU do it to me before, and I found out by luck that it would work if I brought it inside with me. After figuring it out, I spent about 2 hours looking for the cold joint, found it, repaired it, then it was good from there.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: computer queston (jdmcars.com)

turns out yes computer was bad. as well as map sensor but no code hondata new com runs amazing