Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

civic DX d15b and b18b interchangeability

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic DX d15b and b18b interchangeability

Sup guys i've searched the forum and can't find anything but i was just wondering what is interchangeable between the stock d15 and my b18b that i'm piecing together. I remember seeing something about interchangeability, if someone could help me out that would be great. I know that the harness and a few mounts are, bout what about the hoses, throttle and shift cable, master and slave cylinders, and tranny fork (the one that connects to the release bearing). Please let me know as i need a lot of these parts asap, and if they're interchangeable then that could help a lot.

PS> The reason i need this info so bad is cause i just blew the d15 and have to get my b18b put together asap, but not 100% sure on what i'm missing. Everything is obd1
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: civic DX d15b and b18b interchangeability (deguzmanEG)

bump, anyone?!?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:39 PM

bump, im pretty much in the same boat as you my friend cept my d15 isn't blown, but im trying to find the same answers as you so anything you hear let me know.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fitbmx86)

bump! i heard that the vss and slave cyliner was interchangeable, could anyone clarify if the fork is?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: (deguzmanEG)

was up so yea i just did the swap u can use almost everything off the sohc u can do the swap in about 6 or 7 hours lets see you can use the altenator off the sohc but u have to put washers behind the b18 bracket u can use all the sohc sensors but i do recamend using the ls tps and map sensor u have to run a ls or gsr shift lincage sohc one is 2 short u can use all the motor mounts besides the front transmission mount on the side of the trany so the back motor mount u have to cut off one end or beat the hell out of the motor mount to mkae it fit wouldnt recament runnin it for very long tho u can use the radiator hose but on teh conecting side of the ls motor ont eh hose u have to shave the inside of the hose to make it fit over the larger lip on the ls would recamend just getin a real hose that fits lets see ...
if u have a single vtec wiring harness ur goin to throw a check engin light cuz the vtec siloniod is gone so dont trip bout that u can run the sohc vtec ecu n the justy sohc ecu prety much every thing works u just gota play around with it to make it fit or figure it out but mainly it just drops right in they say its the easyest swap but if u have anymore ? hit me up
o wait n u cant use the sohc starter dosent fit u need a ls one
Old 04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lsrcivic)

**** man thanks a lot! just did some trials and also the slave cylinder, release fork, release boot, and tps sensor are also interchangeable (i decided to see if it will fit AFTER calling honda to place my order