Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL no V TEC any relation?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CEL no V TEC any relation?

i have a check engine light due to no oxygen sensor connected to the ecu...
"This question is only for those that no the correct answer...please dont assume"

will this cause my v tec not to kick in? and if not..what else can cause that? thanks

++++++++++++++++92' accord jdm h22a swap++++++++++++++++++++

Old 08-26-2004, 01:51 AM

Default Re: CEL no V TEC any relation? (type-t)

No, a malfunctioned or unhooked O2 sensor will not cause VTEC to stop functioning.

Check your oil level, clean the VTEC solenoid screen.

And not to be an *** -- but I certainly hope those mods in your sig aren't ones you are planning.

=X
Old 08-29-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Re: CEL no V TEC any relation? (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No, a malfunctioned or unhooked O2 sensor will not cause VTEC to stop functioning.

Check your oil level, clean the VTEC solenoid screen.

And not to be an *** -- but I certainly hope those mods in your sig aren't ones you are planning.

=X</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...whats wrong with my futer mods?....but anyways am i supposed to ground the black cable coming from the vtec solenoid?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CEL no V TEC any relation? (type-t)

I assume you are talking about the H22 in your accord, but on a friends civic D16y8 the VTEC solenoid connects to the ECU. The VTEC oil pressure has two connections. (If I remeber right one of them is ground. Would have to look to be sure.) On my H22A4 Prelude the VTEC solenoid is one wire as well; not sure about the oil pressure on that one.

On the D16y8 a missing/unhooked/nonfunctional O2 sensor did not prevent the ECU from activating VTEC.

HTH
the_crowbar
Old 09-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: CEL no V TEC any relation? (the_crowbar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_crowbar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I assume you are talking about the H22 in your accord, but on a friends civic D16y8 the VTEC solenoid connects to the ECU. The VTEC oil pressure has two connections. (If I remeber right one of them is ground. Would have to look to be sure.) On my H22A4 Prelude the VTEC solenoid is one wire as well; not sure about the oil pressure on that one.

On the D16y8 a missing/unhooked/nonfunctional O2 sensor did not prevent the ECU from activating VTEC.

HTH
the_crowbar</TD></TR></TABLE>

it works..damn what a difference!...i skreetch tires even on 3rd gear