Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car found...need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car found...need ideas

Hey, as some of you know my Hybrid hatchback was stolen about 2 weeks ago, well yesterday I got it back. It's not in good shape at all....they took the head off of my B18C1, ECU, cut up the wiring harness pretty bad, took my tach, exhaust, rims, half of my interior pieces, clear corners, side mirrors, even my freakin' windshield squirters!! What's up with that? anyways...so I'm thinking that it'd be better to sell the remainder of my hatchback to someone who wants to make a race car. So I'm left with a GSR transmission, and a GSR block. I was thinking about keeping the Transmission, selling the block, buying a B18B1 block and ECU then building the block for my turbo. Or should I keep the GSR block and find a Vtec head for it then turbo it? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2001, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car found...need ideas (B18CHatch)

Sorry to hear about that. I just had a friend get his GSR stolen as well. All that's left is just the shell too. They even managed to break the front windshield.

Anyways, I would just slap on a B16 head and start the rebuild. How much is insurance giving you? You might want to get a Lo-Jack or something as well.

Hope everything turns out.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:04 AM
New User

Default Re: Car found...need ideas (Prelude_RCR)

Agreed on smacking a B16 head on the ****.
Old 10-10-2001, 03:40 PM
Banned

Default Re: Car found...need ideas (EVOCELICA)

dont u have a turbo in ur room too......personaly I would keep what you got...u can get interior pieces at a junk yard for like 20 bucks...buy a head...get a new wiring harness and ecu...put on ur stock corners.....whats ur insurance doing about this??
Old 10-10-2001, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Car found...need ideas (On Point)

Post a 10,000 reward...find em...kill em...and keep the money for yourself. Fawking thieves

Old 10-10-2001, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Car found...need ideas (Blown90hatcH)

word.

B18Chatch...
Keep your GSR block.
Stick with a GSR/P72 head.
Swap out the GSR pistons for something better - ITR, B16 pistons, or aftermarkets.
Why? it will make more power than a B16 head, thanks to the combustion chamber area being smaller - which will give you higher compression.
Run a skunk manifold too.
This setup will way good.
High compression NA engine setups rule...unless you're going turbo, so be it.

**** car thieves straight to hell.
Rebuild your foundation.
Make your second coming twice as strong but with hidden suprises.
You'll be happy in the end.

Old 10-11-2001, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Car found...need ideas (Katman)

Chris...I like your thinking! Unfortunately insurance isn't giving me anything b/c I only had liability Yesterday I was looking at the block, the thieves put a bunch of dents in the top of the block where it mates to the head and they took a chunk out of the back of the block when they were taking the head off So I don't know if the block is good anymore, I'm going to drop the engine and take the block to a machine shop and see what they say. I was reading a post about slapping a b16 head on a GSR block and they were saying that would yield about 9.6-9.8:1 compression...that's perfect for my turbo!
Old 10-11-2001, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Car found...need ideas (DragonCTR69)

Isn't there a (semi-legal?) alarm system that sends an electric charge through the surface of the car? Enough electricity would cause the would-be thief to crap their pants. Not just discouraging, but humiliating.

Of course, legal repercussions would be pretty bad it got an innocent bystander.

Drastic times require desperate measures.