Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car boging and not starting.help

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default car boging and not starting.help

I was driving like normal then my car started boging for a little bit then it stoped so I kept going.then I stop at the store,come back out and my car wont start.its jerking really bad and I noticed smoke coming out of the intake so I stopped trying to start it.so i let it sit for a little bit 10-15min then tried again and car started right up like normal but now white smoke is coming out of the exhaust.after about 10 min of the car running its starts to bogg again.I've checked oil level n its fine,coolant is fine,everything looks normal.now its got me pulling my hair .its a ls/vtec in a 98 hb if that helps.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: car boging and not starting.help (shiftknob85)

I had the same problem with my B18a1 in 88 hatch. It turned out that the igniter and coil were going out in my distributor, so check that out cause, thats what was causing my car to do that. If you have a friend with GSR or B16(which ever head you have,must be vtec distributor though) try using their distributor and see if the problem presists. That will save you the money of buying the parts and that not being the problem. Hope i could help.