Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a GSR Motor swap for a guy...Stolen??? ...HELP...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a GSR Motor swap for a guy...Stolen??? ...HELP...

OK, I bought a GSR motor from some guy in Downtown Portland Oregon a while back, the guy saw me downtown and asked if I knew anyone who was looking for a "legite" GSR Swap. I was of course so I took a look at bought it on the spot. He told me his car was stolen and they took his wheels, suspension, kit and interior. I was like bummer..blah blah blah. Anyway, Around here is been getting crazy with stolen motors and cars so I wanted to check out my motor. It says "Stolen" Could that be because his car was stolen, or is the motor hot and I am basically "F***ed" Any help would be appreciated. Of course my dumb *** all ecited didn't take any information from him, but I know his name is Justin. All I know.
Old 11-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Bought a GSR Motor swap for a guy...Stolen??? ...HELP... (PDXHatchback)

Either he's telling the truth or he's lying, but either way you should've got all personal contact info from him. It's possible that the car was recovered and he was selling the rest of it OR he was the one that stole it and was selling the rest of it....
Old 11-18-2003, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Bought a GSR Motor swap for a guy...Stolen??? ...HELP... (VTECVillain)

It could be trouble.

What do you mean by "It says stolen"? Is this the result of having the police do a search on it?

Did you get a bill of sale from the individual and does it state the engine's ID number. Did the individual sign the bill of sale.

I'd recommend that you go to the police (if you haven't already) and tell them the whole story.

As an interesting side story; A friend of mine owns a "official police impound lot" and he had a B18C that was part of a bust on a chop shop. He gave me the engine, but not until the police involved released the engine. I got an official release on the engine. My assumption was that the engine was originally in a car that was stolen. The car's owner was paid off by his insurance company (thus the car and it's parts then belong to the insurance company). The police would have notified the owner (the insurance company) about locating the engine and they didn't show interest in picking it up. It took almost a year for the engine to get released.

So, what the guy said is possible, but you should document EVERYTHING! This includes conversations you have with the police.

Wes
Old 11-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Bought a GSR Motor swap for a guy...Stolen??? ...HELP... (Wes V)

i hope you requested a vin#(if the motor was mentioned to be uspec) if so take the block# and vin# and call honda america corp. and have them match it. then contact your local police dept and dmv and do a backround check on the numbers.