Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1

As stated above,I am looking for the best and or most reputable conversion harness for my B18C1 swap into and EF hatch. The ecu is a OBD1 so I need the OBD0 to OBD1 harness. The application really doesn't matter since I just want to know where the best quality is. Tell me what your using and what you think of it or any hear-say or horror stories. I have heard about locash and Jk but really am ignorant in this sector.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (DragInteg)

My friends and I use two companies - Rageimports.com ( RageDzine on H-T )JDM honda parts in San Gadrial. They both us the same supplier I think but the jumpers all work so as for the quaility They look pretty clean, we pulled hard on the pins to see if they would come out and they were very strong. Good Luck
Old 04-30-2004, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (EK K20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EK K20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friends and I use two companies - Rageimports.com ( RageDzine on H-T )JDM honda parts in San Gadrial. They both us the same supplier I think but the jumpers all work so as for the quaility They look pretty clean, we pulled hard on the pins to see if they would come out and they were very strong. Good Luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not all harnesses are the same. Some are constructed with dirty used parts, others are brand new. Some of the brand new ones have pins crimped with radio shack tool, others with the factor pneumatic machine. Some offer no or 1 yr warranty. MOST shops that sell them....do not make them. Of these...many times you ask for tech support and you get the cold shoulder or are asked to send it back for a replacement.

My harnesses are constructed of all brand new oem pieces. All my pins are crimped with the factory pneumatic machine. All of my harnesses carry a lifetime warranty. I offer full tech support for any harness you need. I fix around 5 other manufaturers harnesses a month too. Do a search for me and my rep and it will speak for itself. Hundreds of people here on H-T have my harness.

Your Harness Needs

Modified by Blown90hatcH at 8:24 AM 4/30/2004
Old 05-01-2004, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (DragInteg)

The best ones that I have seen (by FAR) come from LoCash. Brand new wires and plugs on both ends. The extra wires that you need are terminated into another plug (AFC style) that allows for easy disconnects. Check em out, locashracing.com. Alternatively, I can order them for you as well. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (PFI pros)

**** OFF, these moderators are lame.
No comment for my own safety...

Thanks
Old 05-04-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (PFI pros)

I am looking for one myself. that locash site is not working for me. is there any that are chjeaper then $150? that seems to be te price everywhere. I can't even find a used one.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (slipslap)

that is the cheapest i found- 150 shipped, i am going here: http://www.jkobdconversionharness.com/
Old 05-05-2004, 09:33 AM

I found one cheaper for ya. $119 shipped. I would like cheaper then that if I could, know what I mean. http://www.jdmshit.com/ecu/index.html
Old 05-05-2004, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (slipslap)

Do you know if all the components are new and if they make the harnesses or contract them out? That is cheap, but is there a warranty? I don't think you could find one any cheaper but that is what I thought before and you proved me wrong so...
Old 05-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.ardperformance.com/...index

that's where i bought mines.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (deeaye9)

Another good price, but for the extra $30, Im going to have to go with BLOWN90HATCH for the customer support aspect.... not a wiring guru
Old 05-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DragInteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know if all the components are new and if they make the harnesses or contract them out? That is cheap, but is there a warranty? I don't think you could find one any cheaper but that is what I thought before and you proved me wrong so... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Both of those companies do not make their own harnesses. They are just middle men selling them. They do use new pieces. I am not sure about the warranty. They can sell them cheap because there is no time wasted building them. All you do is buy them and sell them. Yes you may pay less, but when you are trying to install an H22a motor with an external coil in your 88 dx crx and you are trying to figure out the wiring, Or you running an OBD2 distributor with has 1 plug and none of the colors match the OBD0 distributor....you tell me if the 30 is worth the hours you spend trying to figure it out. Call me up and I will tell you what to do. In the end it is your money and your decision.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (Blown90hatcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown90hatcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Call me up and I will tell you what to do. In the end it is your money and your decision.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This thread is reduced to saving $30, and at the same time sacrificing a chance for wiring help when the time comes. When it comes down to it, $30 will be some where between 1 and 5 percent of what is going to be spend on a swap. It is worth $30 to know that if I have and problems/questions I have a knowledgeable person to contact. Like I said, Im not a wiring guru, BLOWN90HATCH is.... he has my business as stated before
Old 05-06-2004, 11:56 AM

I am not by any means saying that anyone who gets their harness from a distributer for $30 less is an idiot as long as they are confident in their wiring skills and knowledge. I was just saying what my plans are based on my skill level in this area. Thanks for everyones thougths, they did a lot to aid in my decision.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:28 AM

I'm not downing anyone's product by any means. but money is a factor when it comes down to it. or we all would pay someone to do it for us. I noticed on the JDM **** ones that it had an extra plug also. Was wondering if Blown was doing this with his harnesses as well.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (Blown90hatcH)

I can vouch for jason. I bought one of his older harnesses almost two years ago. He was always there to help out if I had any questions. And best of all his new harnesses are even better/cleaner than the older versions. for jason!
Old 05-07-2004, 01:16 PM
New User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1

We offer full tech support with all of our harnesses we sell, as well as full tech support on the mount kits we sell, the motor swaps we sell, the exterior parts we sell (Spoon lips, CF duckbills and CF hoods), etc. We have a wide range of first hand experience and expertise in these areas because we actually use the same products that we sell on either our cars or customer cars so we know what works and what doesn't. All parts, plugs & wires, are all high grade and are all brand new for our harnesses.... not like those when you click on their website and see some plugs used with the OEM factory code sticker still on the plug that was used from an old ECU. Our are backed up with 100% guarantte and full warranty. We've also had to to tech support for other people's harnesses and we have no problems in doing so. We've even used our harness in a 86 CRX and made it work w/out any problems, so we know what works and what doesn't and what will be needed to work with specific motor applications.

The reason why we can sell at a cheaper price is because we move a lot of these harnesses. Not just here on HT or on other forums, but we sell many to shops all across the US. When you can afford to produce large quanties at a time and not sit there and put them together by hand like many others do, then you can get things done more efficiently and cheaper, thus offering a high quality product for somthing that won't cost an arm & a leg to have for their motor application. As for our harnesses, we are making them into 100% plug & play harnesses and should have those available shortly with full OEM plugs for the O2, distributor, and other plugs as well needed for either and OBD-1 or OBD-2 swap, and also including parts needed from going from MPFI to DPFI so there will be zero wiring needed.

If you feel you want to get a harness elsewhere, go right ahead.... nobody is stopping you. If you get a harness from some where else and can't get it to work, we're also more than happy to answer your tech questions on it. Unlike others out there who only make ECU harnesses, we don't need to slander or provided any more "proof" as to why our harnesses might be slighty better than the competitions. The harnesses we have is maybe 3% of our business, so we genernally like to provide these with motor swap and mount kit packages, along with ECU packages to our customers, as well as bulk buys and shop discounts. The market is already saturated with ECU harnesses and trying to make one better than the other is pointless at this time. Getting one that is going to work what what you need it to is all that you need.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (Newman)

Anyone try vtecfrog.com? I got mine from them. Great quality. I think mine was $120-130ish, I may be wrong though.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (HNDAPWR)

that's the company that made mines. i bought it from ardperformance.com, but that's where they get their **** from. i think lo-cash gets it from them too.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1 (deeaye9)

I know people say $30 is only a small amount. But if you save $30 here $20 here and $40 there all that adds up. And that could mean more dyno time. But again each to his own. And as long as everyone has the info thats out there they can make their own decisions.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just to throw my $.02 in..

Vtecfrog's harnesses are way good quality. I sell their harnesses as does Locash.

I have the OBD0-OBD1 jumper in stock for $140 shipped.
It has an extra pigtail harness for wiring in the OBD1 sensors:
4-wire 02
IAB(for GSR engine)
VTEC solenoid & Pressure Switch
(instruction sheet included)

its up to you on who you wanna go with
Old 05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with Katman, we use Frog harnesses for all our conversions! Good stuff. Also, the OBD0-OBD1 is the most user friendly, by being a 2 pc plug and plug with a detailed sheet of where the extra vtec wires and O2 wires hook up to.

Deetz
Old 05-13-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: (Deetz)

I'm with deetz and katman. I've seen a lot of nice harnesses but vtecfrog.com(which I acquired through Payn) are bar none bettter than most i've seen. I'm not sure of their sources but, i'd swear they use all new molex connectors. I've seen some that were all busted and used lookin' and ****. Nothing but love for vtecfrog.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HNDAPWR)

i personally went with the jdmsh!t.com harness, exactly like the one katman sells, but a little cheaper. BTW all new parts
Old 07-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Art701)

I am currently using the Blown90Hatch OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness and I am very happy. I bought it for 175 knowing it was more expensive than some of the other brands but I was going by his reputation on H-T. I am very glad I paid the extra amount. When I went to wire up my OBD2 dist. and none of the colors matched i e-mailed him the colors and he told me right away how to wire it up. His tech support was very good. I would buy his harness if I were you.

Quick Reply: Best and or most reputable conversion harness- OBD0 to OBD1