Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B16a2 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a2 Turbo Build

Hey Honda tech!
I've been thinking about doing a rebuild on my B16a because it has been "rode hard and put away wet" The engine is in a EK7 coupe and the man i bought it from told me that the engine was turbo ready but im well aware that there isn't really any way to tell unless i rip her apart. But as it sits right now im planning to take the engine to a performance shop and have them rebuild it for a turbo.
Im looking to find out a few things before i head to the shop so i dont just walk into this thing blind, as im not very mechanically inclined.
what im trying to figure out:
-Whats better for turbo. Low compression or high compression?
-Is it worth it to port and polish the head and sleeve the block?
-id like to hit 350whp with LOTS of Torque if possible. Whats a good turbo set up to run? Maybe 20-25lbs of boost.
good set up of rods, pistons etc.
After the engine is all rebuilt and turbo ready i plan to drop it in a Crx shell! i know i need metal lines and a intercooler and BOV and all that sorta stuff. I have around $8-12k to finish my build and everything else. Can you please suggest some products and setups that would be great for my build. Im going for a Super Fast Daily for late Spring - early Fall. I have no intentions of taking this vehicle to a track. Any help will be appreciated