Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B-series swap into 2000 EK

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B-series swap into 2000 EK

I tried posting in all motor section, but no help there maybe my fellow civic enthusiasts can help me out.

I am putting in a b-series vtec swap into my 2000 civic hb dx. My current engine is the 1.6L with tb on top of the IM and crank angle sensor. What I was wondering is what do I have to do to the wireing to make a b-series engine work. I have access to both OBDII and OBDI distributor, alternator, and injectors. I will be running a p28 ecu with a jumper harness. Would someone have diagrams as to how to modify my existing wireing hraness?

Second question is what mounts do I use for this swap. I know I have to get the rear Si mount, but what about the other mounts, specially the driver side mount?

Thanks for any help.

I will post pics once the swap is in!
Old 07-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I can't help w/ the wiring but I can say to use the search for that.

About the mounts, invest in Hasport mounts all around. You will be VERY glad you did.

I run Hasport RACE mounts in my car...love em but they are not for everyone.
Old 07-17-2004, 06:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (atc5)

who wants to spend $300+ on some mounts. besides the SI rear mount u will need to make sure u have the SI drivers side mount too. the cast piece that bolts to the block.

dont b a cheap *** mother, BUY A OBD2 MOTOR. other wise u will just end up replacing most of the **** that makes the motor run in the first place. as far as wiring, u will need to cut the wires for the distributor and reconnect them color for color on a B series OBD2 dist. u will need a new fuel line from the filter to the fuel rail. u will need a longer fuel return line. most of the other sensors should reach with a little manipulation. i believe u will need to extend the O2 sensor wires to reach the back of the block. on top of that u will need to add VTEC, KS and pressure switch unless its a JDM spec block.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:35 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (1 2 NV)

Thanks for your comments.

Ok, I got the Si rear T-mount. Now I have to get the driver side mount that bolts to the block, will do!!!

This engine is actually a 2000 JDM ITR engine that I have completely rebuild, but the plan was to put it into an EG. Since now it's going into my EK I wasn't quite sure as to what I will need. Thanks for the heads up on the fuel feed and return line, I didn't think of that.

In regards to the wireing, what do I do with the crank angle sensor? Does that go to the distributor as well?
Old 07-17-2004, 12:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Screamer)

sounds like a great setup. the only reason i know of the fuel line problems is because my best friend is in the middle of the exact same swap on his 00 DX hatch. he had EVERYTHING but the fuel lines, hehe. ill have to look up the info on the crank angle sensor. its been like 4 yrs since i did my swap into my coupe.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: B-series swap into 2000 EK (Screamer)

If you go to hybrid.com or hybridhonda.com not sure but one of those they have the complete wiring diagram on there you can just print out.Thats what I did for my 97 dx Hb and put a 99 b18c1 in and it owrked great.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Trial User

Default Re: B-series swap into 2000 EK (docjonez)

Thanks, let me know when you find out.

I tried those sites, but they only talk about 96-98 cars and not 99-00 like mine. I am not sure what is the difference, but I heard there was some differences that is why I am inquiering.

I checked my fuel lines and thes seem to be the same as on the EG. What didn't fit on your buddies car???

Also, when I was looking at the fuel lines I noticed another sensor on the air box. What is that thing and where does it go on the ITR enigine???
Old 07-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im in the processing of doing a swapping a b18c type R into my 00 hatch dx. What exhuast system can I run with this swap? I want a greddy sp2 catback with a maybe a dc header, and a I already have a Random tech 96-00 ex coupe cat.

Im thinking maybe get a dc sport made for type R/SI , 96-00 ex cat(secondary o2), and 92-95 civic hatch greddy sp2 exhuast. But the thing is that 99-00 has 1 hanger in the middle of the car versus to 92-95 civic has 2 hangers in the middle. Will my setup be a direct bolt on, if not what do you suggest. I dont want a custom exhuast such as kteller or so....but then again I dont wanna buy a $500 exhuast system and have it cut too. What exhuast system to run???? HELP....
Old 07-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B-series swap into 2000 EK (Moua)

anyone???
Old 07-19-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Re: B-series swap into 2000 EK (Moua)

I bought the dc sport knock off of the jdm type-r 96-00 header. you you will have to cut the exhaust but why spend all that money on a b18c5 and not let it breath? just get a good 2 1/2 inch all the way back to the sp exhaust. I have the Sp and i love the sound of that exhaust! you will be happy with the dc knockoff it is the same performance wise yet lighter! check out http://coximports.com
Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Screamer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I tried posting in all motor section, but no help there maybe my fellow civic enthusiasts can help me out.

I am putting in a b-series vtec swap into my 2000 civic hb dx. My current engine is the 1.6L with tb on top of the IM and crank angle sensor. What I was wondering is what do I have to do to the wireing to make a b-series engine work. I have access to both OBDII and OBDI distributor, alternator, and injectors. I will be running a p28 ecu with a jumper harness. Would someone have diagrams as to how to modify my existing wireing hraness?

Second question is what mounts do I use for this swap. I know I have to get the rear Si mount, but what about the other mounts, specially the driver side mount?

Thanks for any help.

I will post pics once the swap is in!</TD></TR></TABLE>
I did the same swap in my 99 coupe it was a dx. You have to wire the wngine for vtec. Also use the si mounts all the way around just look around for mounts. Also you can buy a knockdown harness fromhttp://www.jdmshit.com ob2v.2--&gt; obd1 $85 shipped look under monthly specials