Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto to stick details

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto to stick details

i wanna get a civic hatch, but it is auto and I wanna put a b18c with a stick. Is it hard to change over.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Auto to stick details (SCS2NR)

No. You can swap the tranny at the same time as the motor.

Search for more info.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Auto to stick details (Flaze)

when doin the swap u gotta worry about the pedal assembly , the engine tranny is the easy part
Old 03-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto to stick details (Fobtions)

Your going to need to buy a auto to man passenger side mount from place racing, jdmshit.com, or im not sure if hasport made it yet they were talking about it. Or you could make your own.

Auto To manual :
Wiring: On the shifter for the auto transmission, you will see a 14-wire plug. Cut the plug from the auto shifter assembly, and leave about 5 inches of wire.
Looking at the plug, the positions are (left to right) (top row) 8 (unused and blank from factory),9,10,11,12,13,14 and (bottom row) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. Starter (top) Sensor: There are two heavy gauge wires (position #10 and position #11). Connect these two wires to the top sensor (clutch interlock switch) on the clutch pedal assembly. This will only allow the car to start when the clutch pedal is engaged. In other words, everytime you press the clutch you will close the circuit.
Its the huge plug under your shifter. Splice the 2 biggets black wires and you will have already bypassed your clutch switch .

Cruise Control (bottom) Sensor: The bottom switch is your cruise control disable switch. Run two wires from the switch: connect one to the position #1 (black) and the other to #9 (pink). Everytime you press the clutch pedal, the cruise controll will disable.

Reverse Lights: run the wires from the tranny reverse sensor to the matching color wires in the old auto plug that you cut. (yellow wire and a green wire with black stripe (positions 3 and 4)) Now your reverse lights should work.

There will be another wire you will have to ground so you can get your key outta the ignition but I can't remember the wire color. If you look at the shifter and understand how it works, you'l be able to figure it out without a problem
Old 03-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto to stick details (doublejz)

your going to have to get, slave, master cylinder, pedal assembly, hydraulic lines, clutch kit, linkage, I picked all the parts up from a junkyard for $90
Old 03-09-2004, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Auto to stick details (doublejz)

Will this be really hard and is it worth it? Also where can I get parts and more info
Old 03-10-2004, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto to stick details (SCS2NR)

thats about all the more info you need for parts just go to a junkyard, rip out the clutch pedal w/ master cylinder and cut your brake pedal down to size, to save yourself some money. Take out the hydraulic line or cable depending on what swap your doing (if its cable i would look into hasport's cable to hydro). If you want you could cut the mount outta the manual car and weld it to your frame well to save some more money. Then just search ebay for everything else. You will need to get a piece of metal and cover where the auto shifter was or you'll have a nice big hole for air to blow straight up through. I always take a piece of steel, and use a holesaw for the hole for the shifter, then high temp silicon the whole way around it, preventing air from coming into your car. Oh, your gonna need to buy a boot and you can use your old plastic center piece