Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone tried this

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone tried this

http://www.drdetailshop.com/555I.htm

555I Honda/Acura Transponder Kit

Bypass the OEM transponder anti-theft systems found on many new Honda/Acura vehicles.

The Honda/Acura Immobilizer anti-theft system uses a low-power transponder mounted in the head of the ignition key. When the vehicle is started, the Key Cylinder Module converts the transponder signal and sends a secure, coded signal to the Engine Control Module. If the signal the Engine Control Module is correct, the vehicle will Start.

The 555I uses a unique auto program sequence to learn the secure code from the Key Cylinder Module and repeats it when remote start is activated, eliminating the need to leave a key in the vehicle.

The 555I Honda/Acura Immobilizer Bypass Module integrates into the wiring for the Honda/Acura Immobilizer anti-theft system to allow remote start capability, while still allowing normal function of the factory Immobilizer anti-theft system.

Simple six-wire connection for easy installation with auto-learning.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no one tried....
Old 05-21-2005, 06:04 PM

I've installed 2 of them, no problems at all
Old 05-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHKeg)

how did it work??
Old 05-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone tried this (intrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by intrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.drdetailshop.com/555I.htm

The 555I Honda/Acura Immobilizer Bypass Module integrates into the wiring for the Honda/Acura Immobilizer anti-theft system to allow remote start capability, while still allowing normal function of the factory Immobilizer anti-theft system.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Doesn't sound right... It disables the immobilizer feature? Isn't that only going to make it easier to steal the car?
Old 05-22-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: anyone tried this (Raa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Raa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Doesn't sound right... It disables the immobilizer feature? Isn't that only going to make it easier to steal the car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

it disables the immobilizer feature only for the remote start, but if you want to start and drive the car it would only start with the key.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: anyone tried this (1993sir05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1993sir05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it disables the immobilizer feature only for the remote start, but if you want to start and drive the car it would only start with the key.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If that's the case then what good is it?
Old 05-23-2005, 08:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: anyone tried this (EgRedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If that's the case then what good is it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

beats sending your k20 ecu to hondata to get it reflashed for $500. thats if it even works for the k20 ecus. good little tool

if someone wants to steal your car they can show up with a jumper harness with an obd1 ecu or reflashed ecu and still your damn car, it aint hard. so stop bitching about the emobilizer
Old 05-23-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: anyone tried this (H23vtecEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H23vtecEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so stop bitching about the emobilizer</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not bitching, the way he made it sound is if it really didn't serve much of a purpose. I would get one just to make someone work harder. That's why Progressive invented the hood tie down steel wench. If your battery doesn't get power or if your alarm is tripped it tightens it's-self down to keep the battery from being disconnected. By that time you should be outside.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: anyone tried this (EgRedSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EgRedSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If that's the case then what good is it? </TD></TR></TABLE>

for remote start. shakes head.....
Old 05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
foz

Default Re: anyone tried this (intrex)

yeah, they also make a 555h for different hondas, used em many o times, for remote starts on an automatic, with no problems, DEI rocks with immoblizer bypasses, but why is this in the hybrid section, should be in audio/video with all the other security Q's....