Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic???

Anyone know the weight of the f22??? that is in comparison to the D16z6??
Also, if you were to make an awesome transmission for this swap, would you use the prelude tranny with the accord final drive??? anyone have specs on those ratios???
Old 12-17-2004, 09:26 AM
el diablo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic??? (tripwire1212000)

Probably weighs about 50lbs more than a d16. Are you interested in doing this swap?

edit: If so...then why not just drop in an H22? Youll end up spending just as much money on an F22 and a custom tranny, and it wont be near as fast.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:29 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic??? (Built to Spill)

the amount of time and money you spend on doing that swap you could of done a b16 or b18 swap. And in the end is still will prolly be only a tad bit faster then d16.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built to Spill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
edit: If so...then why not just drop in an H22? Youll end up spending just as much money on an F22 and a custom tranny, and it wont be near as fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, if you're going to swap a f22, why not a h22? Makes more sense.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:30 AM

already did the swap... and it runs great... I want it to look stock as possible. The cost was actually less than the H22 anyway. I like having a low compression engine too.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:33 AM

would anyone know if D17 vtec ecm could run an F22 vtec??? are the variables the same or would the fuel maps end up different?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:39 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

it wouldn't run for the simple fact that D17 (POS) uses Direct Ignition (individual coils) and it's not really vtec it just advances the cam.

I don't know if F22 ecu plugs in (I would try that first), if not just run a chipped p28 but I don't think that no one has a fuel/ignition map for that engine, so you would have to get it tuned yourself.

What mounts did you use anyways?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:46 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think the final drive from an Accord will fit into the Prelude tranny. I think it's been tried before with no luck.

F series motors can be had for much less than a H series motor. Also, F series have a lower compression and take well to boost. F series also have nice torque numbers. So an F series isn't a bad choice.

The mounts used to mount a F series are the same as a H series. The whole swap is basically the same just different wiring.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The F is a nice smooth motor, I think it's a good choice. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but off the shelf H22 swap mount kits work with the F also. The 98-up has 150hp and about the same torque too, plenty more grunt than the B18B or B16, and I see longblocks going for $200-300. Just use the 5spd Accord tranny, no need to be fancy there. I'd just use a P28 and have it tuned. I think the whole swap could easily be the same or less money than an LS but with more torque and better sleeper effect.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:19 AM

Default Re: (klungemonger)

f22 = crap.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:30 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (JDMallTHEway)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMallTHEway &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">f22 = crap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a stupid comment. Give me proof.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TouringAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TouringAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats a stupid comment. Give me proof.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never mind that guy, he's the same guy a few days ago who was dissing the D-series to saying don't waste time on it. Then asserted the the B18B swap was easily found for a few hundred bucks. Couldn't back that up either.

The principle is basic: large engine made for large car, shoehorned into small car = faster little car. So to that.

Hey doesn't the H22 tranny (non-SH) fit the F block?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: (klungemonger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by klungemonger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never mind that guy, he's the same guy a few days ago who was dissing the D-series to saying don't waste time on it. Then asserted the the B18B swap was easily found for a few hundred bucks. Couldn't back that up either.

The principle is basic: large engine made for large car, shoehorned into small car = faster little car. So to that.

Hey doesn't the H22 tranny (non-SH) fit the F block?</TD></TR></TABLE>

ooohHHoooH yes, I couldn't back it up. stfu.

and yes the h22 tranny will fit the f block.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMallTHEway)

everyone thinks f22's hold nice to boost. they dont. very weak guts. but i guess you might've known this already and youre gonna do a full rebuild? the head also flows like crap .

i used to have an accord so i read up on allot of this stuff
Old 12-17-2004, 05:52 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (marshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everyone thinks f22's hold nice to boost. they dont. very weak guts. but i guess you might've known this already and youre gonna do a full rebuild? the head also flows like crap .

i used to have an accord so i read up on allot of this stuff</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to the Accord forum and look for the thread on boosted Accords. There seems to be quite a few people boosting their F series and doing it reliably. I've never boosted a f series or any car for that matter so I don't have any personal experience with it. But everything I hear is that they do hold boost well, not a lot of boost but what stock motor can? Some of the f series heads don't flow that great but some do flow decent.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TouringAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go to the Accord forum and look for the thread on boosted Accords. There seems to be quite a few people boosting their F series and doing it reliably. I've never boosted a f series or any car for that matter so I don't have any personal experience with it. But everything I hear is that they do hold boost well, not a lot of boost but what stock motor can? Some of the f series heads don't flow that great but some do flow decent.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sr20det bone stock can take allot of boost. . but then theres the arguement "it was built for boost". true. but not as much as people put into it.

but i do know yuo can boost like 5lbs safely and up to 7 with decent tuning.

but thats like what 160hp to the ground? it'd have to get a rebuild and some miracle head work.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:09 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sr20det bone stock can take allot of boost. . but then theres the arguement "it was built for boost". true. but not as much as people put into it.

but i do know yuo can boost like 5lbs safely and up to 7 with decent tuning.

but thats like what 160hp to the ground? it'd have to get a rebuild and some miracle head work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

SRs make alot of power even on moderate boost.

F sereies should be able to take 7psi safely due to their super low compression. I would say that you could go like 10-12 psi but I don't know how strong their rods are (something tells me that they are very weak).
Old 12-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ABK)

F22 with H22A head turbo time
Old 12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Advan06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Advan06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">F22 with H22A head turbo time </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think if he would do that he would defently have the first civic to have something like that.
Old 12-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Advan06)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Advan06 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">F22 with H22A head turbo time </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have no idea what youre talkin about. its IMPOSSIBLE to put that head onto that block. take a guess why. lol. NOTHING lines up
Old 12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you have no idea what youre talkin about. its IMPOSSIBLE to put that head onto that block. take a guess why. lol. NOTHING lines up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, LOL. it's actually you who don't know . There are a few people who have done this already. Here is a link to one of them. Granted it's a F23 block with a H22 head but it's basically the same thing.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1069869
Old 12-18-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, this thread is full of misinfo.

It seems TouringAccord is the only smart one.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:37 PM
el diablo

Default Re: (turbogixxer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, this thread is full of misinfo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Care to explain how my post is misinfo?
Old 12-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic??? (Berry McKockinner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Berry McKockinner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Care to explain how my post is misinfo?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Berry McKockinner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Youll end up spending just as much money on an F22 and a custom tranny, and it wont be near as fast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First things first. If you looked into "custom" transmissions, you would have to get gears, right? well, they are not cheap. We are talking $6000. That is the same as a h22a swap? Please point me in the direction of a custom h/f-series that does not cost more than a H22a swap alone. We are talking custom, not OEM gears, custom.

honsetly, it was not directed towards you, but with that reply and me being in a bad mood, the hell with it.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:02 PM
el diablo

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honsetly, it was not directed towards you, but with that reply and me being in a bad mood, the hell with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually i meant it would be more cost effective to get an H22 (to lazy to edit). But you are correct.

I didnt think the comment was direct towards me..but i was bored and wanted to hear what you had to say

Quick Reply: Anyone ever put an F22 into a Civic???