Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another wiring question (97 SiR-G in 92 Civic DX)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another wiring question (97 SiR-G in 92 Civic DX)

Well, I have done A LOT of research on this for months and months, but I cannot figure this out now. I have saved a bunch of articles on here, including a really good one by 92B16VX "How To Wire VTEC" one Hondaswap.com, but it doesnt apply to me because of different color wires.

So here is what I have going on. As you can see, I have the SiR-G motor going into a 92 Civic HB

Supposively the VTEC wires are run from the canon plugs to the ECU, but I dont know what colors they are? There are two wires that I found that dont go to the engine, but are run to the canon plug. Those two wires are org/wht and org/blu. Anyone know what these are? The book I have doesn't have these two wires in the diagram. The colors I have on the cabin side canon plug are:

red/yel
red/wht
pink
lt grn
grn/wht
yel/white
red/grn
org/blu
wht/yel
org/blk
org/wht

I have both Haynes manuals for the 92 Civic and the 94+ Integra, but the colors are not accurate for the integra. I dont know if this is due to the fact that it is a JDM engine. I am having trouble finding the VTEC pressure plug, I believe this is suppose to be a blue and black wire? Well, I cant find it. It's not under the dizzy like it is suppose to be.

The knock sensor is another question. When I took the harness apart, I noticed there was a silver braided wire attached to it that I just cut off. Was that important to my wiring, or do I just run that red/blu wire to the ECU?

Next is the IAB sensor. What the hell does this plug into? Where does it go? I found the pinouts for this, I hope this is accurate. I am going to be using the OBD1 p72 ECU. Does this get run directly to the ECU or to a cannon plug? Also, the butterfly pinout, how does that work? There is the A20 and A17, but what exactly goes in there? There are two wires on the IAB, where do they both go?

Another thing, I have the Purge Control Solenoid and Electric Air Control Valve Solenoid on the civic engine I pulled out. What do I do with these? I dont see these on my wiring diagram for the GSR motor.

I found a wiring diagram for my dizzy after I wired it according to what I found in my Haynes book, but I am if unsure I did it right since they are different from each other. Hopefully someone can verify this. One of the wires were not listed in my book though, which was the blu/grn, and I was using the 98 integra schematics since they were close to what I had. The 97 version was not even close.

What I did was match the following up with each other.
Civic Integra

yel/grn------------------yel/grn
blu/grn------------------blu/yel
lt blu---------------------blu
blu/yel------------------wht
org----------------------yel
wht----------------------blk
org/blu------------------grn
wht/blu------------------red

blu-----------------------blu
blk/yel-------------------blk/yel

The diagram I found says to do this:

Civ Teg

org-----------drk blu
wht-----------white
org/blu-------grn
wht/blu-------red
blu/grn-------yel
blu/yel--------blk
yel/grn-------yel/grn

blk/yel-------blk/yel
blu------------blu

Thats all I can think of right now, all help with this would be greatly appriciated!!! I need to get this damn car going!!!! I am a P72, Intake, header, and exhaust away from driving this thing!

I have looked all over for these answers before posting this.