Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic??

Anyone ever done this?? Just curious cause I was reading up a bit on Bisimoto and his work he's done with SOHC. I believe the Accords are F22A, F22B, and F23A or something like that. Anyone ever swap this into an EF??
Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Go Tigers!

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Re: Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic?? (DjBij099)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1824166
Old 12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic?? (DjBij099)

Few people actually do this swap because of the difficulty of it. Although these motors are big, cheap, and make LOTS of torque, this swap is going to be MUCH more difficult than, say, a B-series swap. Basically, this swap is similar to an H-series swap in difficulty and prodecure. Because of this, MOST people who are willing to do a swap of this level of difficulty are going to go all the way and drop in an H22A. That's not to say that you couldn't do this swap, or that you could not make some good power/torque with the F22B. It's just that there are easier engines to drop in that can do about as good. AND, if you are willing to do what it takes to drop in this motor, H-series is MUCH more rewarding.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic?? (StorminMatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StorminMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Few people actually do this swap because of the difficulty of it. Although these motors are big, cheap, and make LOTS of torque, this swap is going to be MUCH more difficult than, say, a B-series swap. Basically, this swap is similar to an H-series swap in difficulty and prodecure. Because of this, MOST people who are willing to do a swap of this level of difficulty are going to go all the way and drop in an H22A. That's not to say that you couldn't do this swap, or that you could not make some good power/torque with the F22B. It's just that there are easier engines to drop in that can do about as good. AND, if you are willing to do what it takes to drop in this motor, H-series is MUCH more rewarding.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the swap is about the same to swapping a h22 and dont listen to this guy . im doing the f22 into my crx soon i hope actually f2b. the engines are cheap and then later if you wanna go h22 you already have the mounts and stuff. people like this guy eat there words later on down the road.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic?? (661rex89si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 661rex89si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the swap is about the same to swapping a h22 and dont listen to this guy . im doing the f22 into my crx soon i hope actually f2b. the engines are cheap and then later if you wanna go h22 you already have the mounts and stuff. people like this guy eat there words later on down the road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did I not say that this swap is similar in difficulty to the H22A? What I am trying to say is that the difficulty of this swap is high in relationship to the rewards. On the other hand, you are correct to state that the car will basically be set up for an H22A should you decide to upgrade.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Accord SOHC VTEC engines into EF civic?? (StorminMatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by StorminMatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did I not say that this swap is similar in difficulty to the H22A? What I am trying to say is that the difficulty of this swap is high in relationship to the rewards. On the other hand, you are correct to state that the car will basically be set up for an H22A should you decide to upgrade.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my bad and i understand what your saying.