Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch

well im buying this ls integra with a 97 JDM type R in it and at first i was going to do a full JDM type r front end conversion but its just too much work...id have to have this entire car resprayed....so now ive decided to buy the car part out the body and put the engine into an EK hatch....from what i hear this swap is easy....i was just wondering if there was anything special to do with this that i wouldnt know about....casue i was also gonna sell this motor and put a K20 into the integra but found that to be a major pain in the *** and a lot of money which i can save considering there is a really good motor in the car already....any input is appreciated
Old 08-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (RGarramone)

i'd like to know as well, im doin the same swap, i researched some and most sites said to find a 96-98 ex harness but if the ITR comes with the itr harness would i still need the EX one? any other info would be great too
Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (Vanilla_Gorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vanilla_Gorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd like to know as well, im doin the same swap, i researched some and most sites said to find a 96-98 ex harness but if the ITR comes with the itr harness would i still need the EX one? any other info would be great too</TD></TR></TABLE>

you still need the ex one. the jdm itr harness is backwards and the plugs end at the fire wall. it is easier to find an ex one. but if you can't find one, vtec and knock is not that hard to wire. and you have to re pin your iac

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=558245
Old 08-24-2005, 02:00 PM
cool guy name

Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (RGarramone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RGarramone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well im buying this ls integra with a 97 JDM type R in it and at first i was going to do a full JDM type r front end conversion but its just too much work...id have to have this entire car resprayed....so now ive decided to buy the car part out the body and put the engine into an EK hatch....from what i hear this swap is easy....i was just wondering if there was anything special to do with this that i wouldnt know about....casue i was also gonna sell this motor and put a K20 into the integra but found that to be a major pain in the *** and a lot of money which i can save considering there is a really good motor in the car already....any input is appreciated</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just take the harness thats on the motor and use it in the ek, what year is the teg?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (walker111)

tegs and eks have different harnesses
Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (dat_flip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dat_flip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you still need the ex one. the jdm itr harness is backwards and the plugs end at the fire wall. it is easier to find an ex one. but if you can't find one, vtec and knock is not that hard to wire. and you have to re pin your iac

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=558245</TD></TR></TABLE>

hey guys sorry to bring this back from the dead but me and my buddy just did a similiar swap and now his engine won't start. we used the ex harness and everything lined up pretty good other then haveing to extend a couple of plugs. We also never re-pinned the IAC, could this be the problem that is not letting the engine start up? also, how hard is it to repin the iac? can someone direct me to a site?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 97 JDM Type R in an EK Hatch (SupaFly_Honda)

What year is the EK? If it's a 96-98 then check out the EK Swap link in my sig.....