Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88 CRX B18c w/USDM Type R tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 CRX B18c w/USDM Type R tranny

For those who might be interested I finally after what two and a half months got my modded B18C engine (a little over 190fwhp) mated to a close ratio USDM Type R tranny w/LSD with the JDM 4.875 final drive put in using the Hasport mod to use a hydro tranny with a mechanically actuated clutch system. I was tired of the weak YS1 tranny. The previous owner had roasted the third gear synchro. Ripped out the POS ACT (usually great stuff) that had some kind of ridiculous drag clutch set up (harsh as ****) and put in a Spec stage 3 clutch and pressure plate with a Spec lightened flywheel (very smooth engagement now=happy drivetrain components). With a stripped out interior/no ac what about 1800lbs with the drivetrain set up this car is serious fast now. The Hasport conversion at the clutch pedal feels just great. Some people have said it feels vague. Well it does not and I have been driving clutch cars for 25 years. That final drive with close ratios woke up an already fast car. My brother-in-law use to have some fast old school muscle cars and he commented that this thing feels faster than his old Pontiac GTO. LOL. For those interested in this kind of swap well I am glad I did it. It is all type R under the hood now. The car rocks.
Barry H.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 88 CRX B18c w/USDM Type R tranny (Manuel)

Thanks I will try and snap a few in the next few days and post.
Barry H.