Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise.

Well i'm selling my 92 hatch for reasons that aren't important but, I have a mildly built b18c1 in the little guy and got really use to it and like it, just never got around to completing the suspension and brake upgrades to take advantage of on the road course. this is besides the point but now....

I'm taking advantage financially on a 2000 civic sedan that is being handed down to me and would like to play with this the same way I intended with the hatch, which is to use it as a daily driver and as well to take it out on the road course the same way i did with the hatch.

BUT! regardless that i won't be starting on the 4 door till next season, i'm undecided with what to put in the engine bay? as for wieght i've looked that up and this sedan actually is a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 5th gen hatch, and slightly lighter than the DC's and even more with the lude.

by budget for the drive train / suspension / brakes etc... is about $10,000 (canadian)
i've thought of;
JDM H22a (4th gen w/ LSD) + gsr suspension (tiens or zeals) / brakes / rims & tires
*with this i only fear the long gearing, and weak top end, and extra labour!
JDM B18c1 (with LSD) + sir supension (tiens or zeals) / brakes / rims & tires
*don't really have any complaints with this except that it won't push the same as an H22 but also won't pull the way an ITR will.
JDM B18c5 (with LSD & F.D.) + itr suspension (tiens or zeals) / brakes / rims & tires
*as for this just the most expensive set up and most likely over my budget but one i'm willing to strive for IF it does turn out to be the right desicion, but then again i feel like they are over rated?

all of the above are more or less the $10k mark
i've also thought of ls/vtec and b20vtec but cost too much money to build that i wouldn't have enought to do suspension and brakes.

as for wieght i've also looked that up and the 2000 sedan actually is a couple hundred pounds heavier than my 5th gen hatch, and slightly lighter than the DC's and even more with the lude.

i'm just looking for some helpful advise and direction on the right decion,
i have all winter to think of it but i just want to be at peace of mind on what i should look forward to and what to plan ahead of time.....

please and thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise. (Snatchback)

People here hate h22's, and worship the C5. so go that way, so you won't get flamed
Old 10-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise. (Snatchback)

nevermind

[Modified by MikeMAN, 9:46 PM 10/16/2002]
Old 10-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise. (MikeMAN)

nevermind

[Modified by MikeMAN, 9:46 PM 10/16/2002]
Old 10-16-2002, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 CIVIC EX sedan, need some advise. (MikeMAN)

i was just gonna say????
i was reading the replies on my email,...
then i saw that you edited....

thanks anyways...