Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 civic dx GSR swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 civic dx GSR swap questions

Okay, before anyone asks.. I did search for about 2 hours and couldnt find this specific information that I was looking for. I have a 2000 integra 4dr gsr that i hit a deer at 80mph with. Ive recently purchased a 2000 civic dx 5 speed, zero options... (on a side note title lists car weight as 2340..is this true? very light), Now im looking to swap the gsr into the civic.. i have abt a 500$ budget. , i can get a ebay itr header.. the 4dr gsr had a 2.5" catback..which im sure i can with some help from my welding buddy... get it to work with the 3" shorter civic 4dr.so my first question.. is that a viable option for exhuast?

Its also getting 4 new shocks..and going on h & r sport springs. These are also on my integra.. but I heard the springs should fit the civic? yes/no?

One other problem ive encountered finding information is what wire harness im supposed to use.. with the 2000civic dx.. to the gsr..Ive heard splice.. ive heard 99-00 civic si.. ive heard an EX manual 2 piece will work..Is there a specific year im looking for? I ofcourse have the integra shift linkage.. so thats a go... i intend on ordering civic si mounts from honda.. heard one was abt 30 and the other was 45$...Ive seen several different part codes... Could anyone share which part #s i need?

and finally later tonight ill go check after work... but the gsr was not the original motor in the integra... and i heard IF it is 2000 gsr...I will have immobilizer problems.. is this true? And i would assume a remedy would be a pin move or repin.. I thought i had seen something about this.. but half the stickys here are dead links and such... im sure from over the years. But thats why im asking here. And also im pretty sure i have to use the integra axle yes? the integra had bad wheel bearings up front so i was hoping to keep my civic hubs.. which spin much more freely? this is possible?

Im trying to think is theres anything else i can ask....I mean this will be my first swap.. but ive participated in a few with friends.. and have done axles and trannys before..and i have help. But if there is anything else you guys can think of Id appreciate the info. Thanks for reading guys!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2000 civic dx GSR swap questions

Daily bump. Going later tonight to check the ecu code on the integra and provide more information to ya guys. Thanks again.